Purpose of the position:
This role, together with WVs in-country National Office team and the RtG (Re-greening the Globe) team, will work towards building a sustainable and scalable model, through testing and piloting approaches that will lead to successful scale up and spread of FMNR practices. Critical to the role will be the ability of the Strategic Partnerships Manager to use adaptive management approaches to enhance the project, when metrics are not met. Additionally, the Strategic Partnerships Manager will play a key role in building networks and partnerships both internally and externally to World Vision to grow the program and investigate models to sustainably fund the scale up of the piloted approach. This will require the use of entrepreneurship and new thinking to develop approaches to scaling FMNR beyond traditional grant funded models.
The Strategic Partnership Manager will also be responsible to implement the pilot scale-up program in Ethiopia. The role takes carriage of setting project overarching work plans according to contractual requirements, including work breakdown structures, budgets, capacity plans and key milestones for delivery in collaboration with the RtG team, World Vision National Offices and external partners.
· Builds awareness of key target partners and networks in the landscape restoration sector.
· Communicates regularly with target partner organisations and networks to build relationships.
· Assesses and develops scalable financial and business models for ongoing sustainability of National Chapters and Centres of Excellence.
· Achieves agreed partnership, networking and funding targets.Provide overall leadership and coordination in the designing, preparation of nutrition and WASH advocacy statements during the R2G project implementation period.
· Project management tools are created with the ability to track quality and effectiveness and to use adaptive management strategies for continuous improvement; opportunities are fulfilled against an agreed business model.
· Lead the development of end-to-end management processes, documentation and reporting frameworks.
· Ensure impact measurement framework is implemented, monitored, verified and results reported to partners and supporters.
· Insure budgets are developed, managed and reported back to supporters and partners.
· Standard operating procedures are developed, and these (and other relevant polices and standards) are adhered to, and continue to be improved upon.
· Conduct training to further build skills within National offices to improve staff expertise in developing partnerships and networks.
· Actively participate in global networks in landscape restoration to reinforce WV Australia as a key partner.
· Actively participate in sector and donor networks and forums, both in Australia and National Chapter partner countries, to raise the profile of WV FMNR programs and expertise.
· Prioritise targeted relationships with existing and new technical and implementing organisations to deepen the impact of WV FMNR programming.
· Perform other duties, assigned by the immediate supervisor
· Postgraduate qualifications, or equivalent experience, in a relevant discipline, e.g. commerce, business administration, international development, natural resource management or a related field.
· Experience in professional roles in program and business development, particularly in Natural Resource Management Minimum 10 years.
· Demonstrated experience in working closely within multidisciplinary teams, for either grant acquisition, program design, or ongoing management, monitoring and evaluation.
· Understanding of key challenges in international development, and appreciation of community-led development approaches
· Understanding of key donors as they relate to the landscape restoration, NRM and agriculture sectors
· Business acumen and entrepreneurship
· Planning and organising
· Capacity building and Facilitation skills
· Advising and Influencing, Critical thinking
· Strong interpersonal, negotiation and networking skills
· Awareness of current industry trends and cutting-edge research and approaches
Working Environment / Conditions:
· Office-based with frequent travel to the field
· 30 % Domestic travel is required.
· On call: 20%
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found World Vision Ethiopia Employment_Application_Form ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to [email protected]
Please indicate the job title on the subject line as you send your application.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies
- Address Ethiopia
- Experience Level Manager
- Qualification BA/BSc