Internal and External – Job Advertisement
Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following position.
LOCATION: Head Office
REPORT TO: Director for the Office of the Chief Commissioner
DURATION: 6 months fixed term contract with a possibility of extension
SALARY RANGE: Gross monthly salary of ETB 6,596 to ETB 7,635.00 plus 20% benefits, depending on candidates qualification, experience, and earning history
Purpose of the Job:
To provide logistic and administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the EHRC-OHCHR joint investigation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the general guidance of the EHRC joint investigation team leader the Administrative / Logistics Assistant provides administrative and logistics services, ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work.
- Coordination of the logistics aspects of the joint investigation team.
- Facilitates and follow the purchase and safe delivery of logistic items.
- Coordinate the team’s travel itineraries, flights, hotel, accommodation, car rental, other travel needs, or any meetings.
- Facilitate per-diem payment and petty cash handling liaising with the EHRC Finance team.
- Coordinate with supplies office of the EHRC to ensure the team has sufficient logistic items needed.
- Prepare data for reports of team leader about the stock status and stock movement.
- Responsible for monitoring material transported and delivered to ensure timeliness.
- Provide support in completing paperwork and documentation for logistics and budgetary purposes.
- Assist in the maintenance of proper filing system for administrative documentation.
- Responsible for administrative assistance of the joint investigation team.
- Preparation of TOR for the projects as necessary.
- Perform other admin / logistic duties as required by the team.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Finance/Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent disciplines.
- At least 2 years of proven experience in general administration and logistics.
- Highly organized person and ability to deal with multiple tasks at a time.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Amharic languages. Knowledge of Tigirigna is a plus.
- Computer literate.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: [email protected].
Women candidates are encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and written exam
The selection process will be solely based on interview and written exam
Internal successful candidates will be required to resign from their current position to take up the new role.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 25th of May 2021.
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5