ABH Partners Plc is a leading consultancy and human resources sourcing firm in Ethiopia with about 15 years of experience in supporting the implementation of development programs and projects. ABH exists to fuel synergistic societal growth by harnessing local knowledge and international standard. Dedicated to the betterment of societal development, technical assistance, and knowledge management, ABH has gained credibility and industry experience in the development sector in general. ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of Ambulance Driver to be assigned for Washington Medical Center.
Required number: 2
Duty station: Addis Ababa
Employment Status: 12 months contract with possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: Immediately after concluding the contract agreement.
- Inspecting the ambulance before each shift, checking the fuel, oil, transmission fluid, wiper fluid, and coolant, and reporting any needed repairs.
- Checking the first aid and medical supplies inventory levels before each shift and ensuring the ambulance is well-stocked.
- Assisting patients onto gurneys and loading them into the ambulance.
- Driving an ambulance as quickly and as safely as possible to transport patients to the hospital.
- Providing first aid or administering oxygen if the patient requires care before reaching the hospital.
- Sanitizing the ambulance and safely disposing of any medical waste and soiled linens.
- Maintaining your driving log with daily entries and noting patients’ names and addresses, travel times, mileage, and service performed.
- Reporting accident facts to medical personnel and police officers, when necessary.
- High school diploma and valid driver’s license.
- Minimum of two years’ on related driving experience.
- First aid certification.
- Knowledge of radio transmission codes.
- Emergency vehicle operator certification may be advantageous.
- Excellent defensive driving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and reassure frightened patients.
- Great judgment and decision-making skills.
- Good physical agility.
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc