JOB SUMMARY :
Under the supervision of Administration and General Service Officer, Archive /Documentation Officer – (HO) is responsible to organizes and describes historical records and arranging documents in a logical order, protecting their condition, and describing them so users can find what they are looking for. Organizes the archival filing and retrieval systems and standardizes record management procedures. An understanding of and adherence to the requirements of maintaining confidentiality at all times. Monitors the incoming records to insure that all records series arrive on time; periodically reviews the program to ensure that it adequately documents.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS :
- Organizes, develops and implements the archival filing and retrieval systems and standardizes records management procedures;
- Monitor and continuously improve the effectiveness of data management procedures and processes according to objectives
- Updating and maintenance of the document control data base by monitoring all incoming / outgoing documentation and entering and management of document
- Ensures the proper and smooth flow of documents and files and out of the filing system of the Central Archive and the immediate return of documents to their appropriate places and follows-up on lost, missing and misplaced files;
- Arranges for the proper storage of inactive or dead files and the disposal of unusable records on the basis of established policies and procedures;
- Supervises the receipt and the registering, stamping and indexing of incoming and outgoing letters, mails and copies;
- evaluating records for preservation and retention – some may be fragile and need careful handling, repair or conservation;
- assembling, cataloguing, preserving and managing valuable collections of historical information
- Ensuring all document control procedures are adhered to organization rules and regulations
- The arrangement of documents will usually be alphabetical or chronological within record groups or series, showing the hierarchical relationship of each fond (creating office or individual) to the institution’s other
- Organize archival records and develop classification systems to facilitate access to archival materials.
- Ascertains the adequacy of messenger services in the Archive;
· Maintains and reviews mailing lists of IPPF member associations, libraries, institutions or individuals who have close working relation with the Association.
· Perform such other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
A. Education : BA/College Dip. Secretarial science & Office Mgt,Management, Foreign Language and related studies .
B. Work Experience : 2 years for BA/or 5 years for Diploma after graduation, shall posses an extensive experiences in same or similar position in the NGO sector or donor funded project.
Desirable: Excellent communication skills and inter-personal relations is required. Computer skill in relevant software desired.
How to Apply
|Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia|
|Human Resource and Organizational Development Division|
|P.O. Box: 5716|
|Family Guidance Association of Ethiopia is an equal opportunity employer and female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.|
For more Information about the Association , please visit www.fgeet.org
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc