The Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH), in collaboration with the American International Health Alliance – Twinning Center and the International Institute for Primary Health Care – Ethiopia (IPHC-E), would like to recruit an Assistant Program Coordinator for FMOH’s Leadership Incumbent Program.
The International Institute for Primary Health Care – Ethiopia (IPHC-E) is an organization affiliated with the FMOH and supported by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Which provides technical assistance to countries building robust Primary Health Care systems, through capacity building training, program design and implementation. It also supports the FMOH through evidence-based policy recommendations; training of Primary Health Care (PHC) leaders, implementation of innovation labs, and engagement on PHC related policy and strategy designs. IPHC engages in global advocacy to bring PHC as a primary driver to achieving Universal Health coverage.
Concluding the mid-term review of the Health Sector Development Plan (HSTP 2015 – 2020), the Federal Ministry of Health identified a significant leadership gap within the health sector. Despite the appreciable attention given, over the past decades, by the Ethiopian health sector to good governance, the issue of critical leadership gap still persists. In order to mitigate the above problem and address the gap, IPHC-E has taken an interest in supporting and catalyzing leadership capacity building. In collaboration with the FMOH and AIHA, IPHC-E has finalized the inception phase of the Leadership Incubation Program (LIP). LIP, through the establishment of a fully functional health leadership incubation center, intended to recruit, develop and nurture individuals who display exceptional commitment and passion for the health of the population and have health sector leadership potential.
Terms of employment: Six months contract with possible extension based on performance
Place of work: International Institute for Primary Health Care in Ethiopia (office located within the Ethiopian Public Health Institute), however, travels to other health institutions within Addis Ababa is expected.
Scope of work:
The Assistant Program Coordinator will be a member of the core LIP team operating under the supervision of the Program Coordinator and in close collaboration with other members of the core team. She or he will be assisting the Program Coordinator in planning and organizing all LIP related activities as well as carry out important operational duties in order to ensure the effective management of the Leadership Incubation Program.
- Analyze all previous and ongoing planning and implementation activities initiated prior to his/her recruitment to verify quality and ensure activities achieve LIP’s objectives and outcomes.
- Support in reviewing the LIP modules as deemed necessary
- Oversee the design and printing of LIP facilitator and trainer manuals
- With the help of the core team, document all activities/ challenges undertaken since the inception of LIP such as challenges encountered during the very first activity of LIP; the targeted recruitment process.
- Manage all daily activities related to LIP, including:
- Recruiting, appointing and managing all personnel required for the implementation of LIP activities such as trainer, mentors, coaches, graphic designers, etc.
- Support the recruitment process of new trainees
- Follow up on the training LMS, generate report and provide feedback on trainees progress
- Provide continuous and up to dated feedback for the reflection from students.
- Select field visit sites for real life experience and communicate the sites for visit
- Support in the selection process of guest or
- Prepare, modify, file reports and documentations as necessary, including:
- Monthly end of module activity/ incidents report
- Post-program (course) follow up plan documentation
- Monitor and evaluation report of daily course activities
- End of LIP cohort analysis report
Required qualifications, experiences, and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in public health or a related field
- Three years of proven experience as assistant program coordinator or another related field
- Ability to work with diverse and multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and adherence to deadlines
- Able to follow directions well
- Able to work with minimal guidance
How to Apply
Application deadline: June 25, 2021
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc