To ensure that the organization is internal control over cash utilization is adhered as per the Concern Worldwide policies & procedures. This will entail making cash as well as Cheque payments and the necessary cash collections.
Main Duties & Responsibilities;
1. Cash issuing and collecting
- Make cash & Cheque payments
- Collecting cash
- Ensure that all necessary documentation is maintained and authorized by relevant signatories before cash/Cheque payments and cash collections
- Ensure that necessary codes are filled in before settling payments
- Fill in Cash/Cheque payment vouchers.
2. Controls and safeguarding of cash and coupons
- Ensure that no blank Cheques are signed
- Safeguard Cheque books and ensure timely ordering new cheque books
- Maintaining cash box and safe
- Preparing Cashbox and safe counts
- Handle fuel coupons: handing over to project staff after they submit approved fuel request floats
- Follow up timely clearing of floats.
- Inform Finance & Admin Officer or Project Coordinator for floats that are not cleared on time
- Ensure all bank transfers (floats) are sent and follow up their settlement
- Provides financial technical assistance to float holders and budget holders
4. Petty Cash Management
- Custody petty cash fund
- Prepare petty cash and effect payment after checking the necessary document and its approval
- Maintain daily record of cash payments and check the cash balance
- Prepare petty cash Replenishment form and get approval from Project Coordinator
- Safely replenish and keep the cash intact all the time
- Collect staffs’ information in relation to payroll
- Prepare staffs’ salary on a monthly basis for approval
- Properly maintain staffs’ personal bank account information and effect payment via bank
- Prepare all payroll related deductions/liabilities and effect payment for concerned authority, such as Income tax, pension, Provident Fund etc
6. Cash books/Bank books
- Maintaining Cashbooks and bankbooks on a daily basis
- Maintaining updated fuel coupon records and follows up sheets.
- Maintaining programme cash log books.
- Travel to the fields and effect payments for trainings and workshops
- Maintain good communications within the team and ensure that all information is shared within the team, and that the HO Country Financial Controller is kept informed of progress in meeting deadlines.
- You may be requested to carry out other exceptional duties where heavy workload arises and/or staff shortages are encountered. Hence flexibility will be required in performing your day-to-day activity.
- Understand, adhere and implement all Concern Worldwide policies, procedures and guidelines such as Programme Participants Protection Policy & Code of Conduct, Anti-fraud Policy, and HR Manual.
- Other duties assigned by programme manager and HO Finance.
Concern is committed to responding to emergencies efficiently and effectively in order to help affected people meet their basic needs, alleviate suffering and maintain their dignity. To this end, when emergencies strike and the Ethiopia Programme is to respond, all staff are required to actively participate in the response, regardless of location and contribute to the efforts aimed at achieving the humanitarian objective of the organization.
- Demonstrate understanding of Concern Ethiopia’s Gender Equality Strategy
- Contribute to ensuring that Concern Ethiopia is a place where men and women are treated equally and with dignity and respect
- Demonstrate gender equality awareness and gender sensitivity and an ability to integrate a gender equality perspective into tasks and activities.
- BA or Diploma in accounting and management or other related fields with minimum of 2 years or 5 years relevant experience respectively in development or emergency programs.
- Flexible, reliable, culturally sensitive
- The ability to work in stressful environments and under pressure meeting deadlines.
- Computer Literate, MS Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
What We Offer
- A competitive salary and benefit package
- Excellent medical benefits (100% cover including dependents)
- 20 days annual leave
- 26 weeks (paid) maternity leave, 18 weeks (unpaid) parental leave
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining how their experience and education fit this vacancy, please note that no need to submit your supporting documents at this stage:
Apply in person at Concern Worldwide Gambella Coordination Office , Gambella or Pinyudo
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Safeguarding at Concern: Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies. Additionally, Concern is committed to the safeguarding and protection of vulnerable adults and children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work or volunteer with vulnerable adults and children are recruited by us for such roles. Subsequently, working or volunteering with Concern is subject to a range of vetting checks, including criminal background checking.
- Address Pinyudo, Gambela
- Salary Offer Less than 20,000
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc
- Text Area field Salary: ETB 8,820 - ETB 10,549.00