Shemu Group is a conglomerate companies composed of Shemu PLC, Asveza Ethiopia Retailing Share Company and other functional private limited and share companies with a fast growth track record. The Companies in the group engaged in manufacturing (liquid soap, bar soap, Edible oil and shortening products), retail service providing, printing, trading and engineering. Based on this our sister Company, Shemu Management Consultants PLC want to hire competent, energetic, enthusiastic and capable applicants for the post we have.
IT department manager is responsible for organization-wide systems and information, an IT Manager job description should include the following duties and responsibilities:
- The day to day management of the ICT organization of the utility, as well as support ERP system.
- Running regular checks on network and data security
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems
- Coordinating technology installations, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organization
- Ensuring security of data, network access and backup systems
- Designing training programs and workshops for staff
- Testing, troubleshooting, and modifying information systems so that they operate effectively.
- Acting in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages
- Managing and reporting on the allocation of IT budget
- Providing direction for IT team members
- Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement
- Assuring all IT activities are performed within the parameters of applicable laws, codes, and regulations.
- Evaluating technology risks in order to develop a network disaster recovery plan and backup procedures.
- Remaining up to date with advances in technology and industry best practices.
- Conducting regular system audits
- Running and sharing regular operation system reports with senior staff
- Performing other ICT related operations.
Qualifications and requirements
- B.Sc. degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field with
- 5-year experience in ICT management with at least 2 years in managing role.
- Proven experience in managing IT infrastructure and services in Corporate setup.
- Experience with computer networks, network administration, and network installation.
- Proficient in computer hardware, cabling installation and support, wireless technology applications and interface, and IT security.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows software, including Server, Office, and Exchange.
- Proven Experience in ERP System Administration
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible working hours. Management
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfill the stated requirements can submit their application letter, CV and relevant credentials with non-returnable photocopies within Five (05) consecutive working days to Shemu Management Consultants Office 2nd floor located around Kality Total, in front of Kality Metals Factory, behind Kaliti Moenco or through email stating “Application for the post which you are applying for” in the subject line through email [email protected] in a single pdf file attachment.
Email applicants who do not follow the application instruction WILL NOT be considered.
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Qualification BA/BSc