Shemu Group is a conglomerate companies composed of Shemu PLC, Asveza Ethiopia Share Company and other functional private limited and share companies with a fast growth track record. The Companies in the group engaged in manufacturing (liquid soap, bar soap, Edible oil and shortening products), retail service providing, printing, trading and engineering. Based on this our sister Company, Shemu Management Consultant PLC want to hire competent, energetic, enthusiastic and capable applicants for the post we have.
Chief Supply chain Specialist develops and monitor a company’s supply chain strategy by managing local procurement, foreign logistics and warehouse management wings. His/her goal is to improve productivity and efficiency and reduce costs while securing high-quality material for the Group companies.
He/She also keep track of logistics and updates the company’s inventory. They analyze operational performance and resolve issues. They also collaborate with vendors and suppliers to ensure all operations (e.g. shipping, delivery) meet quality and safety standards.
Detail duties and responsibilities:
- Acts as a link between production and sales functions to ensure that consumer and customer demand forecasts drive production scheduling and product availability.
- Plans organizes and coordinates all inventory, logistics, and warehousing activities in such a way that these services contribute to the effective and efficient production process and on-time delivery of products.
- Closely works with Finance Team to design Inventory Management strategy with the aim of controlling costs within budget limits and maximizing available working capital through maintaining the right amount of stock and avoiding overstocking items.
- Oversees the Inventory function /stock control to ensure raw materials and finished products are received, located, stored and transferred correctly and that the company’s stock inventory is accurate.
- Oversees receiving and warehousing of materials, finished products, accessories, spare parts, and other materials and their distribution to concerned beneficiaries.
- Assesses appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store materials.
- Reviews or updates supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations or laws.
- In collaboration with Manufacturing Managers, design or implement plant warehousing strategies for production materials or finished products.
- Analyzes inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Coordinates with HRM & OD in developing and designing appropriate training program to enhance staff skills in the supply chain area.
- Encourages and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment.
- Prepares (and submits to Shemu Mgmt General Manager) periodic reports in relation to Procurement Management, inventory management and-warehouse management.
- Develops and implements procurement strategy for purchasing management so as to ensure procurement needs of functional units are satisfied in full, on time, within budget and to the agreed quality.
- Develops long-term mutually beneficial relationships with a core number of key suppliers to ensure continuity of supply, best quality and keenest prices.
- In collaboration with Manufacturing Managers and other functional heads plan and schedule annual purchases to ensure consistent and sufficient supply of materials and services are available.
- Monitors and evaluates effective implementation of Company Procurement policies and procedure.
- Conducts market research on a periodic basis to identify potential sources of suppliers for each of the items purchased by the company
- Ensures that suppliers’ database is maintained properly and up dated regularly.
- Ensure that requirements (specifications) are developed as complete and accurate as possible
- Coordinates and supervises the preparation and sale (distribution) of tender document for the procurement of equipment, machineries and other supplies and accordingly invite bidders, and evaluate offers; ensure all bidding processes adhere to Company Procurement Policies and procedures.
- Negotiates for best purchasing package (in terms of quality, price, term, delivery and service) with suppliers and sub-contractors assigned.
- Manages Purchasing function to ensure materials are purchased cost effectively and available for production when required.
- Ensures all competent quality execution of all regular purchasing duties and administrative works
- Liaises with commercial banks, insurance companies, customs, Ethiopian Shipping Lines and other concerned Government Agencies, in matters related to import of goods, payment modalities, tax issues, shipment, etc.
- Makes close follow-up of the status of overseas orders.
- Monitors and coordinates deliveries of items between suppliers (Local and overseas).
- Collaborates with Manufacturing, Quality control, and Supply Chain Teams to identify or qualify new suppliers.
- Manages contracts arising from procurement decisions to the best advantage of Shemu.
- Ensure that suppliers are evaluated on a periodic basis
- Oversees and ensures the receipt, storage (order assembly), retrieval and timely dispatch of all raw materials and finished products at both the raw materials and finished products facilities are performed based on Company Policies and procedures.
- Closely supervise Inventory Manager/Team to ensure inventory accuracy and overall documentation relating to stock movements and levels.
- Liaises with suppliers and Transport Team/Companies (internal/external) in matters related to dispatching and receiving finished products and receiving materials.
- Keeps stock control systems up to date and ensuring inventory accuracy.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Plans the efficient utilization of space for the arrangement of goods within the warehouse and organize special requirements for certain stock, such as chilled goods or fragile products.
- Manages the work of store men by closely supervising all stores’ and depots’ activities regularly.
- Perform other tasks and support the team as per the assignment by the immediate Supervisor.
Stakeholders / Relationship Management
- Develop and maintain relationships with key business partners (including ESL, Customs Authority, actuaries and regulatory bodies)
- In addition, the He/She will be responsible for other assignments from time to time as required by the immediate Superior.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- 6-year supply chain experience in manufacturing area with at least 2 years in managing role.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with flexibility and experience in supply chain
- Knowledge of import/export processes and requirements.
- Working knowledge and experience with ERP for Supply Chain or MRP
- Tact, diplomacy and calmness
- An analytic mind and good numeracy skills.
- Good people management and coordination skills.
- Excellent financial acumen.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Ethiopia’s Custom’s regulations
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfill the stated requirements can submit their application letter, CV and relevant credentials with non-returnable photocopies within Five (05) consecutive working days to Shemu Management Consultants Office 2nd floor located around Kaliti Total, in front of Kaliti Metals Factory, behind Kaliti Moenco or through email stating “Application for the post which you are applying for” in the subject line through email [email protected] in a single pdf file attachment.
Email applicants who do not follow the application instruction WILL NOT be considered.
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Qualification BA/BSc