SUMMARY STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Child Protection Assistant Officer is responsible for implementing community-based child protection program in Aw Barre or Sheder Refugee Camp. He/she will be responsible for working with the community, psychosocial programming and case management.
Detailed Responsibilities and Tasks:
· Assist the child protection team in the assessment of the living conditions of children in the camp and participate in the development of appropriate strategy in addressing the needs of children.
· Facilitate the involvement of children and the community (leaders and parents) in the child friendly space and document the progress made.
· Support the team leaders and social workers in the monitoring, verification and documentation of the case management.
· Follow-up the preparation and implementation of action plan and home visit conducted by the social workers
· Assist the child protection officer in facilitating and organizing appropriate care arrangement, and suitable alternative care system with close supervision and attention to the individual needs of children.
· Through working with the child protection committees identify potential foster families for unaccompanied and separated children in collaboration with social workers and community leaders.
· Assist the child rights clubs to demonstrate protection concerns of children in the camp and promote the participation of children in all matters affecting their lives.
· Organize and lead psychosocial program activities in the child friendly space
· Work closely with the child protection officer in the celebration of international events days and other awareness raising sessions
· Participate and assist the child protection officer, UNHCR, other partners and the team leaders in conducting the Best Interest Assessment to ensure the needs of children are addressed.
· Assist and participate in the preparation of budget, work and spending plans, and PR tracking to monitor the proper utilization of the budget and timely implementation of activities.
· Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor
Key Working Relationships:
The Child Protection Assistant Officer will directly report to the Child Protection Officer and Child and Youth Protection and Development (CYPD) Manager based in Jigjiga with additional oversight from the technical team in Addis Ababa.
• 3 years of relevant work experience for diploma holders
• 1 year relevant work experience for first degree.
• Minimum of 6 months IRC internship service
• NGO experience is a plus.
• Plus basic computer knowledge (word, excel)
• Basic English spoken and writing.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply only through the below IRC On-line recruitment website:
- Address Shedder, Somali
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc