The Child Protection Officer will provide strategic leadership for the implementation of ChildFund’s Child and Women Development programs including the promotion of child, women and youth participation in all ChildFund Ethiopia operational areas. She/he will ensure the effective implementation of child and youth participation activities.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Ensure implementation of ChildFund’s Chjild and Women Development interventions and standards of practice for Child and Women and Youth participation in ChildFund Ethiopia assisted programs.
- Assist ChildFund Ethiopia Area Offices/Local Partners to develop, implement and monitor strategies that enhance the participation of children, women and youth in program management cycle.
- Facilitate the production of resource materials that ensure meaningful participation of children, women and youth in ChildFund Ethiopia program activities.
- Lead the process of developing a long-term strategy for promoting meaningful; child, women and youth participation in ChildFund Ethiopia assisted programs.
- Develop child and women focused project proposal for funding
- Ensure that GBV and HTP issues are addressed in a coordinated manner at all times.
- Build the local partner’s capacity for design and implementation of child and women focused development programs.
- Assist local partners in developing area strategic plans and annual operating plan.
Department: Program & Sponsorship
Reporting Relationship: CP/Gender and Advocacy Specialist
- 4+years progressive work experience with children, youth and women. Demonstrated experience in implementing child protection, child participation and gender focused interventions are advantageous.
- Proven program development and management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to build strong networks and alliances.
- Ability to train, mentor and motivate others.
- Strong decision-making ability using good judgment and professionalism.
- Ability to use the computer.
- Solid training skills using participatory methodologies.
- Committed to gender equity and child protection.
- A strong commitment to promoting a leading role for children and women in development practice.
- Ability to communicate with children and youth and win their confidence.
- University degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field
- Address Addis Ababa
- Qualification BA/BSc