Purpose of the position:
The purpose of this position is to provide technical leadership for child protection and participation project implemented in WVE’s Area Program (APs). To plan and coordinate project activities, monitor progress of project implementation and write periodic report to be submitted to different stakeholders, develop success stories and concept papers and contribute to the achievement of WVE’s strategic objective of enhancing child protection, participation and holistic child development.
- Spearhead the Child Protection and Participation activities which are aimed at realizing strategic goals and child wellbeing outcomes prepared by World Vision. Facilitate participatory, assessment, planning and implementation of the project in the target APs.
- Coordinate and facilitate trainings on various themes of child protection and participation targeting community facilitators, children and youth clubs, community groups and stakeholders.
- Facilitate advocacy and campaign events focusing on ending violence against children in general and ending child marriage and other harmful practices and societal norms and attitudes deterring the wellbeing and holistic development of children.
- Consolidate periodic reports and description of specific child vulnerable cases including of audio-visual materials (documentary videos) and facilitate disseminating to different audiences.
- Ensure quality implementation of child protection and participation project in accordance with global standards.
- Closely work with government stakeholders, CBOs and Faith Based Organizations to facilitate quality project implementation.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- First degree in the fields of; social work, sociology, psychology and related fields.
- Five years’ experience in child protection and related areas, program/project development and management is required;
- Proven experience in designing and implementing child protection trainings to a variety of stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience in application of international technical guidelines and standards in Child Protection
- Analytical skills of field data, good writing report and presentation.
- Influencing individual and groups for the purpose of standing against harmful traditional practices
- Direct case management and experience working with children and adolescents is an asset
Working Environment / Conditions:
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel to target communities and villages.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to fill the employment application form (you can get this form from World Vision Ethiopia Employment_Application_Form) and email by stating the position you are applying on the subject line of your email on or before the closing date of this announcement to [email protected]
World Vision has zero-tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply with world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.
Note: We do not receive hard copies
- Address Sokoru, Oromia
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Qualification BA/BSc