* Number of positions – 10 ( Ten) (five in Arsi & Five in South West Shoa zone cluster woredas)
Arsi zone : Dodota , Sire, Hetosa , Lode Hetosa ,Tiyo , Ziway Dugda ,Limu Bilbilo, Honkolo Wabe , Digalu Tijo, & Munesa districts (woredas)
South west shoa zone : Ameya , Wonchi ,Woliso, Dawo ,Ilu ,Kersa Malima ,Becho, Tole ,Goro and Sodo Dachi districts (woreds)
* Terms of employment : contract base for one year, with a possibility of extension.
* Brief introduction
ODA is a nonprofit local organization established and registered as an Ethiopian Residents Charity, with the mission to contribute to community development through innovative community based approaches. Currently ODA is implementing the USAID funded Eliminate Tuberculosis project in collaboration with management Sciences for health ( MSH). Previously, ODA successfully implemented the community-based interventions and integrated health service projects in Oromia Region.
The Eliminate Tuberculosis is the USAID funded project designed to reduce the national TB incidence and mortality from the baseline by increasing the quality, access, utilization and sustainability of TB services in Ethiopia. The USAID Eliminate TB project sub-awarded to ODA by Management Sciences for Health Inc., (MSH) to facilitate local capacity building in implementation of community level interventions and ensure the journey to self-reliance. The project will focus on high impact case finding and prevention strategies to strengthen referral and linkage of presumptive TB cases in the community in selected high TB load facilities’ catchment in two zones ( Arsi and South West Shewa Zones) by using HEP and volunteers, and ensure improved case notification through reaching inaccessible population
Under the leadership of Zonal TB Coordinator, the Cluster Woreda Community TB Coordinator is responsible for planning, execution and for overseeing the successful implementation and delivery of CBTBC program activities to achieve its intended goal in the two cluster woredas. He/she coordinates the planning, implementation and delivery of defined and agreed upon and service delivery/practice of standards and provides oversight to all Community based TB Care activities under the USAID Eliminate TB project that will be implemented in these settings.
activities under the USAID Eliminate TB project that will be implemented in these settings.
* Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementation of Woreda community-based TB case finding, contact investigation, screening, TB treatment adherence; TPT
- Develops and schedules project work plan in accordance with specifications given to him/her;
- Oversees daily operations and coordinates activities of project; determines priorities;
- Reviewing the plans regularly to ensure tasks and milestones are being achieved in a timely manner and preparation of project status reports, manage presentations at Zonal /Woreda level, design agendas whenever need arise to do so, etc.
- Provide technical support and ensure that CTBC activities are properly discussed during monthly/quarterly cluster meeting
- Provide technical support to the Woredas health office, the health extension workers supervisors and the health extension workers in supervising the WHDALs/volunteer.
- Conduct quarter meetings; facilitate the regular reporting of HMIS data to the Community based TB Program.
- Monitors and supervises the activities of Woreda and Health centre TB focal, private clinics, HEWs, WDAs and volunteers/associations;
- Monitor the proper implementation of referral networking system based on the SOP
- Closely monitor the implementation and output of the Community Conversation;
- Interacts with members of the community to help achieve project goals and objectives;
- Ensure proper functioning of the referral system with strong referral linkage between the community health workers and health extension workers.
- Undertake other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
* Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or Nursing with minimum of Three-year relevant experience in TB control, HIV/AIDS, TB/HIV or related program
- Previous experience of Community TB program, specifically working with HEP, WDAs, and volunteers;;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Amharic and Afan Oromo language;
- Experience working with a wide range of stakeholders at local community, district, and zonal levels and local indigenous associations, civil societies and NGOs
- Able to ride motor bike and have driving license;
- Willingness to locate in Woredas with frequent travel to kebeles.
How to Apply
Interested applicants meeting the requirements can submit application letter, updated CVs and credentials (educational, work experiences & other documents) to ODA’s zonal branch offices within 7 (seven ) working days starting from the 1st date of this announcement (17/05/2013 EC) in person.
* Arsi Zone ODA branch office, Asela Town ,
For further information: call : 0911 64 96 82 or 09 49 30 64 24
* South West Shoa Zone ODA branch office, Weliso Town,
For further information: call 01 13 41 33 63 or 09 20 96 34 27
- Address Oromia