VACANCY IN COWASH
The Community-Led Accelerated WASH (COWASH) is a bi-lateral project financed by the Governments of Ethiopia and Finland. The Project with the head office in the Ministry of Water, Irrigation and Energy (MoWIE) in Addis Ababa is supporting the Ethiopian WASH sector in six Regions and 104 Woredas in the implementation of WASH projects by using the Community Managed Projects (CMP) financing modality. The COWASH IV duration is 2021-2024. Niras-Finland is providing technical assistance service for the project. Niras-Finland is seeking to recruit competent, self motivated and committed candidates for the following vacant position in COWASH:
- Lead the effort to disseminate COWASH learning and promote internal learning and sharing, including:
- Lead preparation of the COWASH Dissemination Strategy and Action plan.
- Coordinate and monitor of dissemination activities in accordance with Action Plan.
- Set up and manage internal learning and sharing platforms (in coordination with the MEL Specialist.
- Review and update COWASH Dissemination Strategy and Action Plan.
- Preparation of Communication Strategy.
- Preparation of promotional materials such as calendars, banners, leaflets, videos, photos, documentaries, radio programs, etc.
- Manage the COWASH web page.
- Preparation of case stories, news, brochures and briefing notes.
- Organising events and folk dramas.
- Facilitating and assisting experience sharing visits (inside/outside Ethiopia).
- Manage social media-based communication methods to the Project.
- Organise local WASH media events to promote CMP and Project achievements.
- Develop relevant presentations of COWASH and CMP.
- Lead COWASH capacity development
- Carry out training needs assessments
- Prepare training programs and materials
- Follow-up and supervise the training quality and impacts in COWASH
- Coordinate and link COWASH capacity development with other relevant organisations and training institutions
- Relevant reporting
- Responsible to follow-up one selected regions implementation and financial management.
- Any other tasks which are relevant for the project and assigned by the CTA
Place of assignment: Based in MoWIE, Addis Ababa with frequent travelling to regions
- B.Sc. (minimum requirement) Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and Amharic
Experience and skills:
- B.Sc. (minimum requirement) Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field; At least 7 years of relevant work experience, including at least two years as a communications specialist within a development organization.
- Extensive experience in Media, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, or a related field.
- Must write clearly and informatively, know how to edit work for spelling and grammar, present technical and numerical data effectively and be able to read and interpret written information.
- Experience in supervising the management and maintenance of websites.
- Experience using social media (Twitter, Facebook) for strategic communication.
- Excellent facilitation and message delivery and dissemination skills.
- Experience in training needs assessments.
- Experience in Training of Trainers.
- Experience in CMP is an asset.
- High professional integrity.
- Ability to train and get all team members contributing to communications activities.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Adobe In-design, Abode Photoshop).
- Good knowledge of the Ethiopian WASH sector and its key actors, and experience communicating to these WASH sector professionals at different levels (from woreda to Federal) is an asset.
- Excellent social skills, ability to work and communicate in an international environment and in communities of diverse cultures.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work as a team member, is open to the views and opinions of others.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can submit their up-to-date and duly signed Curriculum Vitae with copies of supporting documents along with an elaborated motivation letter and passport size photograph to,: [email protected]. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Qualification BA/BSc