Community Mobilizer is the front-line for implementation of the PM-ERM project. He/she works on-site with the local community, target schools, Health facilities, and stakeholders. He/ She supports project enrolled children and community members in the provision of Education in Emergency, WaSH, Child Protection and health and nutrition services rendered through the project
- Mobilize communities on rehabilitation and furnishing target schools and WaSH infrastructure.
- Ensure that the target children have access to and benefit from project interventions
- Educate the target communities on issues of child friendly learning spaces, child protection and participation, basic sanitation services, and follow up the implementation of same.
- Give technical support to families of children in the kebeles/catchment
- Mobilize the community of the catchments area for any required activities.
- Collect required data/information for monitoring and evaluation and prepare periodic reports on all activities implemented in the schools/kebeles.
- Give orientations and training to children and their parents on the type of services provided by the project and their obligations.
- Establish and maintain proper record of project targeted children and communities
- Conduct weekly visits of the schools, communities, fill in information and collect other monitoring data on the standard formats.
- Prepare periodic reports on all project activities.
- Facilitate the implementation of the Education, WaSH, child protection and Health and nutrition activities in the schools and target communities.
- Work closely with woreda based project officers, the community and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate appropriate legal, medical and psycho-social services for SGBV survivors
Report to: Project Officer- PM-ERM
Department: Program & Sponsorship
Reporting Relationship: PM-ERM project admin assistant
Terms of Employment: One year (Fixed Term)
No. of posts: Two
Place of work: Woldiya/ Mersa towns with frequent field travel to project target kebeles
- College Diploma in community development, education, psychology, Health or other related field of study
- At least 2 years’ experience in community development areas
- Address Ethiopia
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5