The Tana High-Level Forum on Security in Africa is an annual meeting that brings together African leaders and stakeholders to engage and explore African-led security solutions. The Institute for Peace and Security (IPSS) of Addis Ababa University (AAU) serves as the secretariat of the forum. The 9th edition of Tana Forum will take place on 24-26 April 2020 in Bahir Dar, Ethiopia. The forum will explore the theme: “The AfCFTA: A Milestone for Pan-Africanism and Conflict Transformation”.
The Forum complements formal meetings of African heads of state and government by assembling them in an informal, collaborative environment. In the spirit of gatherings taking place under the Baobab tree, the Forum offers room and space for panel discussions, interaction with the floor and bilateral talks to share views and experiences in a time-efficient, result-oriented and open manner.
The Tana Forum promotes African-led solutions by holding discussions on the strategic and pro-active management of African peace and security issues driven by the interest to contribute to stronger ownership of these issues.
From the seating arrangements to the dress code, the informal nature of the Forum enables participants to get to the heart of the issue at hand, a truly unique experience for high-level dialogue. Furthermore, the Forum is immersive in that it combines the worlds of academia and research with real-world, real-time experience. The result is an action-oriented and policy-relevant discussion.
Primarily, the application developer will design, develop and prototype Android, iOS Application for Tana Forum 2020. The candidate will work cross-functionally with IPSS IT and Communication team to review the Applications standards, infrastructure requirement and security benchmarking.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the guidance and supervision of the Advisor for Communication and Research, the application developer will:
- Update and reconfigure the existing Tana Forum application to match the 2020 edition theme colour;
- Optimize and upload the developed application on Google play store and App store;
- Follow the professional design standards, technology process, security principles and change management process to update the existing apps;
- Gather requirements, specifications and analyse, and produce prototypes;
- Work with IT and Communications teams to design interfaces to enrich user experiences;
- Clean coding standards and procedures compliance with IPSS’ standards;
- Test, debug and improve applications optimization for better performance;
- Release in Google Play and Apple App Store;
- Post-release monitor application performance, analysis, gather feedback, benchmark, re-design, release and manage the life cycle of the mobile application;
- Produce monthly reports for mobile application performance and recommendation for improvements and updates and
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Advisor.
Competencies and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology management or any other related field;
- Minimum three years of experience in Application development;
- App design, coding, backend web service knowledge – Knowledge in UI & UX, Code reviews;
- Proficient in Frameworks and CMS such as Drupal, Bootstrap, Angular JS;
- Hands-on experience in Ionic Cordova, Android Studio, Phonegap and Invision;
- Strong knowledge in iOS and Android SDK;
- Excellent communication skills, oral, written and presentation;
- Hands-on experience in Web Services (REST/JSON);
- Multimedia Content Development and API;
- Prototype Software experience for Mobile Developments;
4 months, with the possibility of extension based on performance.
How to Apply
Interested candidates shall send a covering letter and CV not more than 3 pages to IPSS through e-mail [email protected] by 21st of January 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA