LonAdd HR Consultancy Plc (www.lonadd.com) is a Recruitment & Outsourcing Company based in Addis Abeba, Ethiopia, with branch offices in Dukem and Hawassa.
The candidate will be responsible for performing cost analyses and preparing budget reports. He/she should possess excellent analytical skills along with the ability to combine different data and calculate profit margins. Our ideal candidate should also be able to create detailed reports that present cost-effective solutions for our client.
Ultimately, he/she should build updated databases and manage cost information to maximize profitability for our company.
The candidate supports with a wide variety of functions which include transactional processing, financial analysis, annual budget development and monitoring, cost allocation, monthly forecasts, program and annual audit support and the implementation of financial and compliance controls. S/He serves as a key resource for the organization and provides daily financial oversight to ensure that the financial records are complete, accurate and comply with generally accepted accounting principles, policies and regulations, to facilitate solid decision support.
- Process and post all bank & cash entries and perform bank reconciliation
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices, outstanding statement and do the customer reconciliation
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Perform Physical stock take and stock reconciliation along with Store in charge
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register and process depreciation.
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist in reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Knowledge of Material & Product costing
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist Finance Manager in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
- Collect cost information and maintain an expenses database
- Construct data accumulation systems
- Determine fixed costs (e.g. salaries, rent and insurance)
- Plan and record variable costs (e.g. purchases of raw material and operations costs)
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Prepare budgeting reports (for the company and for each department)
- Analyze and report profit margins
- Prepare (monthly, quarterly and annual) cost forecasts
- Assisting in month-end and year-end closing
- Identify and recommend cost-effective solutions
Key Skills/Experience Required
- Bachelor degree or above in Accounting, Finance or other relevant majors and 5-7 years and above work experience.
- Proven work experience as a Cost Accountant, Cost Analyst, Accountant or similar role;
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures;
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail;
- Strong time management skills;
- Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information
- Has Peachtree, QuickBooks and other relevant accounting software skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Excellent interpersonal skill
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Professional attitude and Confidentiality
- Excellent computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
How to Apply
Interested applicants with the appropriate qualifications and experience should submit their most recent and detailed CV only, via email to [email protected], by putting Application for Cost/Senior Accountant in the subject box.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline: June 30th 2021.
- Address Ethiopia
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Qualification BA/BSc