Frontieri is a renowned research and development consulting firm based its Head Quarter in Addis Ababa. We undertake different consultancy works and projects in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of research and development services and analysis that strengthen different development programs, organizations, and policies. Our services cross-cut all development sectors including agriculture, rural development, education, health, economic growth, energy, and social protection. Our clients includes/but not limited to UN agencies, multilateral and bilateral organizations and Governmental Ministries.
Frontieri is a company for talented people with different backgrounds and perspective and we have gathered competent professionals and in partnership with scholars across the country and abroad. www.frontieri.com
Currently, we are seeking Native Afar and native Somali’s data collectors and supervisors with high level of consultancy experience enthusiasm, and resilience.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Collect data /Qualitative and Quantitative/and Assist the team in data collection all the time
- Review all the data for each project for their completeness together with other data collectors, make critical observations for any deviations.
- Receive feedback from the central office (from the data manager, the central project/data coordinator etc.) and make a correction or justification accordingly
- Resend the data immediately after making corrections
- Conducting interviews with stakeholders (interview questions will be provided)
- Setting up and facilitating focus group discussions with relevant stakeholders (discussion points will be provided)
- Carrying out research activities as requested
- Independently manage schedule to keep all current data up to date in different regions, cities and towns
- Inputting data from research conducted in a clear, concise and accurate way
- Worked hand-in-hand with the research coordinator and others to review survey logs and ensure the most efficient procedures were being used
- Used several analytical tools for assuring quality/quantity and completeness of data
- Share information on challenges faced
- Obligated to attend the training provided by the company
- Perform any relevant duties and responsibilities assigned by the immediate supervisor /s etc.
- Job Requirement
- BSc in Environmental health (50)
- BSc in Health Officer/ Clinical Nurse (50)
- BA in Psychology and Sociology (100)
- BA in Education(50)
- BA in Agriculture (100)
- BA in Statistics (50)
- BA in Geography(50)
Year of experience: Above 3 years of experience in data collection, survey ,enumerator etc. especially in consultancy companies or firms.
- Duration of the contract-TBC
Technical and Other Skills
A good data collector for research /study needs to have a number of specific qualities that can be used as our selection criteria when we recruit. Data collector(s) need(s) to have:-
- Experience or affinity with data collection procedure (interviews, tests etc.)
- Experience or affinity with study type
- Knowledge of, or experience with the research/study topic
- Experience with specific computer programs and other technological devices set for the research/study i.e. tablets etc.
- Good knowledge of English language
- Able to work accurately
- Able to work independently
- Have good communication skills
- Available for the whole study period
- Able and willing to relocate to Addis Ababa
- Knowledge and exposure of different regions of Ethiopia is an advantage
- Speaking different local languages is an advantage
How to Apply
Candidates who are interested and fulfill the requirements shall submit their ONLY application/motivation letter along with their updated CV via email at [email protected] by clearly marking the position title on the subject line.
Closing date of application:Open Vacancy
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Please write the Area /Region you are now locating or living in the application letter
- Only candidates who are invited for exam and interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- When you are called /Invited to the office bring Birr 2,000.00 Guaranteeletter(For data Collectors ) and Birr 2,500.00(For Supervisors )
- Qualified Female applicants and applicants with disability are highly encouraged to apply
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc