Duty station: Sub-partners field offices (Dessie)
Required number: – 1 (One)
Salary: – As per CSOs’ organization scale
Terms of employment: one year with possible extension
I. Organization Overview
Amref Health Africa is the largest African-led international health development organization headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. Founded nearly 60 years ago as the Flying Doctors of East Africa, has been serving to bring critical health services to remote communities. Amref Health Africa has been active in Ethiopia since the 1960’s. The organization became fully operational and registered in the country as an international NGO in 2002, and actively engaged in RMNCAH, WASH, communicable and non-communicable diseases, youth development programs, emergency programs with gender and health system strengthening as cross cutting throughout its projects and programs.
II. Program Overview
Kefeta consortium believes change starts with the youth, including young women and marginalized youth, and has placed them at the center of our program. Amref works from the premise that development priorities for Africa should be set in Africa and communities should drive the change they want to see. Kefeta will benefit the lives of at least two million youth in 18 cities building their assets and agency, capacity for advocacy, linking them to economic opportunities and improving their access to youth-friendly services. Kefeta will do this by building the capacity of local youth-serving organizations and youth coalitions to conduct our activities and sustain them as business spinoffs, and establishing a sustainable, youth-led, youth managed, Youth Empowerment Fund (YEF). Kefeta is implemented in 18 cities of Ethiopia in different regions and a total of 7 CSOs,3 international partners and 5 resources partners will carry out the implementation as consortium members.
- Driving assigned vehicle while ferrying staff or assets on official work
- Ensuring that vehicle are clean at all times
- Receiving and delivering of goods to project areas and/or anywhere else as instructed by line manager
- Checking basic maintenance (oil, coolant, water, tyre pressure, battery water) regularly, Maintaining a daily log of all trips, mileage and fuel consumption,
- Safeguarding the vehicle and all of its contents in his/her custody
- Ensuring that the assigned vehicle is well serviced and in good mechanical order
- Report any theft, damage of Amref Health Africa property on time to immediate supervisor,
- Ensure safety of all Amref Health Africa property including vehicles,
- Assist Amref health Africa staff in workshop and training venue organization,
Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor
- The job holder is expected to have renewed 3rd level driving license.
- Three-year work experience is required.
- Grade 12th or 10th complete.
- Diploma in auto mechanics is required.
- Good communication skill in English & Amharic languages.
- Speaking local languages and NGO experience are an added value.
How to Apply
If you would like to join Amref’s team, please quote the position/reference number in the subject matter and send your CV and application letter with remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees, through the Human Resources Department, Amref Health Africa by P.O Box 20855/1000, Addis Ababa.
The closing date for submitting applications is January 20, 2022. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Ø Telephone call to the office is strongly forbidden.
Ø Candidates MUST refer the position title on the subject line of their email and application.
Ø Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.
- Address Amhara
- Qualification BA/BSc