- An excavation foreman provides safeguards against dangers that are particular to excavation work.
- The foreman should be familiar with the type of soils on a site and should ensure appropriate monitoring of oxygen levels within an enclosed excavation area.
- An excavation foreman also might give specific instructions on how to excavate, including at what angle and to what depth the crew should dig.
- Ensuring quality of materials.
- Ensuring effective use of manpower and machineries.
- Ensuring the quality of work as per the design and specification
- scheduling of work -accountable for following project plans and schedules and ensuring the construction team’s daily and weekly activities meet production goals related to earthwork;
- Co-ordination of resources – plant, people, materials, equipment;
- facilitate a safe work culture and is accountable for the safety of the construction team and must understand the legal liability of the role; ensuring the construction team apply the standards for safe working conditions and are fit for work each day;
- Directly responsible for road construction engineer.
- BSc in civil engineering, Construction Management or related field of study and above 5 years of work Experience is mandatory.
Requirements and skills
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- Applicants who fulfill the above-mentioned criteria could submit detailed curriculum vitae along with supporting documents/credentials accompanied by cover letter addressing [email protected] or by our website www.kerchanshe.com with the subject line Earth work Forman please try to mention the date on the subject line within seven working days from Nov 24, 2022 to Des 2, 2022 only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Address Ethiopia
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10