- To take overall responsibility for the implementation of ERNE related activities in line with Concern Worldwide policies and programme proposals which intended to bring positive changes in the lives of target population.
- Provide technical support, training, supportive supervision, and review meetings to the field based and woreda level concern and government staff moreover, Responsible proper planning and implementation in collaboration with Regional, zonal and woreda level government and Concern team.
- Provide technical support to early warning and market officers in areas of early warning early action activities including collection of early warning forecasting information, identifying priority needs and target communities affected by natural and manmade crisis and early support the affected population
- Support the area office in cash based programming designed to respond to disaster affected communities with in short time through conducting market assessment in the areas of needy community, undertaking cash distribution, conducting post distribution monitoring, establishing relationships with community, local government and leaders.
Program planning and Implementation
- Support the program manager in providing appropriate technical and managerial support for field staffs to implement the activities with standard quality
- Prepare comprehensive activity, implementation and procurement plans and detailed budget with clear timeframes as per Concern Worldwide standards.
- Support in assessments and surveys, prepare comprehensive report, and submit to immediate supervisors for further action.
- Support in provision of appropriate training and orientation to field team members or/ and project stakeholder on the objective, strategies, target group, etc.
- Manage the emergency intervention project as per the project proposal and budget secured.
- Assist the project team to develop weekly and monthly work-plan for the project and ensure that all planned activities are achieved in due time.
- Assist and supervise regularly the proper implementation of SFP and OTP programs.
- Provide both formal and ongoing training to Concern Ethiopia Emergency field team and partners in planning and implementing emergency response projects.
- Support ERNE in conducting assessment and identifying resilience & early warning related problems of the target community / Woreda and develop appropriate and workable activity plan and implement accordingly,
- Document reliable DRR and early warning information needed for planning and development of emergency mitigation and preparedness strategies for emergency response;
- Identify appropriate mechanisms to which allow the capacity building, risk mapping, hazard, capacity analysis and contingency planning to take multi hazard approach CWW and partners staff to effectively implement Resilience and use EW systems
- Maintain good network with partner organizations at Woreda levels working in Resilience and early warning system;
- Actively participate and support project staff on the development and implementation of emergency preparedness, mitigation and development plans;
- Conduct and facilitate training on Resilience intensification and diversification techniques and methodologies for field staff and project stakeholders;
- Provide support to the planning and implementation of cash transfer programme activities, working closely with the ERNE program manager and other field field level staffs and Cash and Livelihood Technical advisor.
- Participate in the process of identifying beneficiary communities/targeting based on robust and participatory criteria and assist other staffs
- Ensure the beneficiary feedback and response mechanism activities on cash programming are undertaken
- Closely work with all Concern field team on how to integrate and align the cash programing with other activities and priorities
Monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Develop participatory program/project monitoring plan and internalize with the action plan and implement the plan accordingly
- Ensuring that all project partners have a clear understanding of Monitoring & Evaluation requirements and incorporate them in the project implementation Ensuring that Monitoring & Evaluation plans are implemented with the involvement of relevant stakeholders including receiving and managing M&E database
- Under take assessment surveys (EW, intervention impact, baseline data, case studies, etc.) in collaboration with CWW MEAL team and the responsible stakeholders
- Evaluate the project implementation and impact in collaboration with all responsible stakeholders.
- Conduct and document annual learning reviews
- Prepare periodic quality progress reports (monthly, quarterly, bi-annually, annual etc. reports for Concern, government and donor);
- Document all the progress of activities (at activity, output and impact level) and maintain project data, record and documents;
- Conduct case studies and document the findings;
- Under the guidance of ERNE of the AC and HO Technical team
- Responsible to control the budget allocated to the Program and ensure that activities are implemented according to quality required and agreed plans.
- Ensure that annual/program budget are responsive to cost and value for money
- Responsible for ensuring proper, efficient and timely utilization of allocated Resilience & Early Warning budget, including purchasing of materials;
- Contribute to budget preparation and revision as necessary
- Lead in the recruitment of all ERNE staff;
- Provide technical support or coach field staffs to build their capacity to perform their assigned roles and responsibilities;
- Prepare and conduct in house trainings for employees of Concern and key stakeholders that involve in the project implementation and M & E;
- Perform any other task as assigned by line manager
- Co-ordinate the activities of programme and support staff and manage and evaluate their performance.
- Create appropriate links, working procedures and information sharing with other program staff and external stakeholders.
- Establish strong linkage and collaboration with all Partners of the program.
- Ensure good collaboration and participation of government and other relevant partners.
- Liaise with relevant national, international and government bodies to ensure information sharing and coordination, regarding response plans, agreements and reports.
- Design and create appropriate methods/ways and implement to mainstream all cross cutting issues like Accountability, gender, inequality, HIV/AIDS, DRR and controlling the spread of COVID-19 in the implementation of Resilience & Early Warning related activity in line with Concern Worldwide – Ethiopia guideline.
- Ensure that all HR policies and procedures relating to Concern Ethiopia’s gender equality strategy are implemented
- Ensure that all gender sensitive policies and procedures are fully adhered to during recruitment processes and targeting of beneficiaries
- Contribute to promoting a gender sensitive working environment within Concern Ethiopia
- Internally: All level of Concern Worldwide Ethiopia project team including System department etc.
- Externally: close liaison with concerned Regional, Zonal and woreda level government sectoral departments/ offices.
- MSc or BSc. degree in health, rural development, DRR ,economics, business. Social science and related fields of study with minimum of three years or five years relevant experience respectively in an emergency & development context;
- Experience in nutrition programs/emergency programs
- Minimum of Five years NGO experience
- Management experience in wider emergency response programmes
- Experience of managing multi-sectoral teams
- Finance Management skills and some experience in donor compliances
- Good analytical, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Flexible, reliable, culturally sensitive
- The ability to work in teams/ isolated situation and stressful environments and under pressure meeting deadlines.
- Initiative and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Fluent spoken & written English and local languages
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay at the field
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organization developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for target beneficiaries.
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff and working with Project stakeholders
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Good negotiation skill with government and other agencies
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English.
- Good interpersonal skills and team player with sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good administrative skill
- Computer Literate
- Self-starter and motivator
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill with 5 years’ relevant experience
What we Offer
- A competitive salary and benefit package
- Excellent medical benefits (100% cover including dependents)
- 20 days annual leave
- 26 weeks maternity leave, 18weeks(unpaid) parental leave
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining how their experience and education fit this vacancy, please note that no need to submit your supporting documents at this stage:
Apply in person at our Concern Coordination Office, Jigjiga(around new Taiwan)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Safeguarding at Concern: Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies. Additionally, Concern is committed to the safeguarding and protection of vulnerable adults and children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work or volunteer with vulnerable adults and children are recruited by us for such roles. Subsequently, working or volunteering with Concern is subject to a range of vetting checks, including criminal background checking.
Women applicants are highly encouraged to apply
- Address Jigjiga, Somali
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc
- Text Area field Salary: ETB 30,577- ETB 36,572