About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
About the Role
The Program Impact Associate will be an essential part of our Agroforestry team in one of One Acre Fund’s fastest-growing country programs. The Ethiopia program serves over 160,000 farmers, grows over 14 million trees per year and has a seed multiplication program. By 2025, we aim to serve 500,000 farmers and to have planted 500 million trees.
We are seeking a manager to lead our Tree Program Impact team – someone with great strategic thinking and team management skills. You will report directly to the Deputy Country Director, and you will manage 2-4 technical agroforestry professionals and their field teams.
- Increase the social return on investment of our tree planting programs
- Pilot new products and business models.
- Initiate, pitch and lead the design of trials and research projects for innovations that have the potential to either increase program impact or reduce program costs.
- Ensure quality research design and methodology, thoroughly review results and provide actionable recommendations to Leadership.
- Determine and guide new profitable and environmentally-friendly species and practices into our tree programs
- Identify, test, model and make recommendations on new tree species that could be scaled up based on One Acre Fund’s program scale evaluation criteria.
- Collaborate with the Operations lead and Training lead on product scale-up protocols.
- Ensure tree species seed management and quality control protocols, and participate in technical vendor selection panels.
- Initiate, test and promote program improvements that help women benefit more from our agroforestry programs.
- Lead your staff’s development through coaching, SMART delegation and regular performance evaluations.
- Led department annual budgeting, cash forecast and monthly spending reporting using One Acre Fund’s online tools.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Master’s degree in Economics, Horticulture, Forestry, NRM or a related field. Very strong work experience could substitute for a Master’s degree.
- At least six years of professional work experience.
- At least two years managing at least one person working on complex technical, policy or decision or technical projects.
- At least one year of experience working with farmers in community projects.
- Advanced financial or economic modelling skills.
- Knowledge management and synthesis skills.
Preferred Start Date
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with field travel
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
This role is open to Ethiopian citizens, permanent residents, and origin cardholders.
04 May 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.
- Address Ethiopia
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10