Position: Finance and Administrative Officer
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Finance and Administrative Officer
Democracy International is looking for a qualified candidate to fulfill Finance and Administrative duties for DIs Supporting Political Party Transitions program.
- Manages all files related to HR, procurements and or contractual agreements
- Support the Senior Project Director in coordinating flight bookings, venues for training, field accommodation for staff etc.
- Manages the Senior Project Directors daily office routine including scheduling meetings with partners, receiving visitors and keeping visitors record books, etc…
- Work with the Senior Project Director to update all administrative and financial policies
- Ensures proper management of all financial documents including cheques, invoices and contractual agreements.
- Submit timely reconciliations and any other financial report as may be required
- Review and verify all financial requests and documents before submission for any approval and or disbursement.
- Follow up on any financial related assignment including provision of bank statements as may be required
- Holder of a relevant certificates and or Diploma in Business Administration, Social work and Social Administration from a recognize institutions
- Working knowledge of finance and or accounting is highly preferred
- Previous experience in civil society and or NGO settings in Ethiopia would be an added advantage
- Previous experience with Dept. of State and or USAID supported program would be desirable
- Must be willing to demonstrate high degree of non-partisanship and neutrality
About the Organization
Democracy International, Inc. (DI) provides technical assistance, analytical services, project implementation, and monitoring and evaluation for democracy, human rights, governance, conflict mitigation, and other programs worldwide for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the U.S. State Department, and other development partners. Since its founding in 2003, Democracy International has worked with civil society organizations, political parties, election-management bodies, government agencies, legislatures, justice-sector institutions, and others in 70 countries.
DI is an equal opportunity employer.
- Address Addis Ababa
- Qualification BA/BSc