We want individuals who support our mission of eliminating unsafe abortion by 2030 and who work with us to build an enabling environment to increase access to safe services everywhere. We expect all team members to share our vision and commitment to achieving our mission whilst promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all clients and colleagues.
1. JOB SUMMARY
Under the general supervision of the Finance Director, The Financial Analyst handles all financial analysis of MSIE (Charity and IGA), planning in budget and cash forecast, accounts, and budget reviews. The main purpose of the position is to bring quality to the books of MSIE accounts and improve planning and reporting. The Financial analyst work with Deputy Finance Manager, the Commercial Finance manager, and all other Finance teams. In addition, the position requires coordination and collaboration with other departments that call for skilled communication and team spirit. The position also requires close work with the Regional Support Team, and London Support Team.
- Review the Trial balance on a monthly basis of the movement of the account and ensure the changes are all normal. Engaged with ETA Deputy Finance Manager and ETB Commercial Finance Manager.
- Review and report on receivables and payables aging report monthly and ensure action is taken timely for balances before leading to delinquencies and bad debt.
- Perform receivables and other balances reviewed in line with Country program scorecard requirements. The scorecard scoring should be 100% every quarter.
- Review donor code and project code combination to be accurate; where a wrong combination is found let the finance person behind the posting know for timely corrections.
- Review DRLs and account codes aligned in SUN ledgers. Where changes required working with the grant team or correction.
- Review entries before Month end closing, and provide comments, and recommendations for the finance team for posting before the closing date.
- Propose/prepare corrective journals in areas found to be wrong entries.
- Coordinate with Program, Commercial wing to Prepare MRP commentaries, hold a discussion on same with Finance Director before submission.
- Coordinate with all departments to submit their cash plan for the month, Prepare cash forecast, and deal with any queries with the regional support team. Ensure an approved forecast is submitted in time to maintain a healthy cash position for the country program.
- Work closely with the grants team for a new proposal budget or revision of the existing budget. In doing so make sure MSIE compliance issues, existing policies, and procedures are considered including the law of the country.
- Work with Finance Director closely and other departments for annual Business plan preparation and submission
- Prepare various reports for the consumption of management, and external parties including working with the D/Finance Director and commercial Finance Manager when he/she prepares audit reports and assisting in responding to queries.
- Verify and report whether the budget in SUN is updated from start and is in agreement with the Business plan, Grant portfolio.
- Conduct periodical analyses on the profitability of centers and maternities along with other metrics such as CYP, SAPAC, etc.
A. Qualification Requirements
MA/BA in Accounting, Finance, or Management
Four/Six years of relevant experience
B. Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
- Good skill in Computer Literate
- Keen aptitude in system development
- Competence level at proficiency level
- Good communications
- Interpersonal relationship
Duty Station: Support Office, Addis Ababa
Number of Position (1)
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Salary: As per MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choice Salary Scale
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Talent Acquisition and Development Department, MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choices through the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and workplace you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSI ETHIOPIA REPRODUCTIVE CHOICES STRONGLY ENCOURAGE FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!
- Address Ethiopia
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10