Building upon 12 years of leadership J H Simex Private Limited Company is a combination of three companies that currently own and manage Real Estate, J H Simex Tour & Travel and a Five Star Intercontinental Addis Hotel.
J H Simex is a leading company with a 152 luxuriously furnished hotel rooms, 42 furnished apartments, 13 conference halls which accommodate more than 2,000 guests at a time, Bistro Café, Night Club, 360 Degree Revolving Restaurant and many more facilities within the two buildings. The Intercontinental Addis Hotel was built at a cost of 320 million birr in its first phase investment, on a 2400 square meters plot which opened in October 2008. The second building which is also part of the hotel was built at a cost of 200 million birr, on a 3,500 square meters plot which just recently opened January 2017.
Founded by Mr Semachew Kebede Kassa the company is headquartered at the heart of Kazanchis Area in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. This has created job opportunities for 378 employees. Intercontinental Addis Hotel has been awarded in 2014 and 2016 for the Luxury Business Hotel in Ethiopia. This award serves as recognition of sustained commitment to excellence in outstanding achievement in the international luxury hospitality industry.
Employment Type: Permanent
The Food & Beverage Director is responsible for coordinating all phases of group meeting/banquet functions held in the Hotel; coordinate these activities on a daily basis; assist clients in program planning and menu selection.
Solicit local group Food & Beverage business; maintain the services and reputation of Your Hotel and act as a management representative to group clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Achievement of budgeted food sales, beverage sales, labour costs and profitability.
- Completion of Customer Follow-up calls on a timely basis.
- Timely analysis of Food & Beverage Prices in relation to competition.
- Participation and input towards F&B Marketing activities.
- Entertainment of potential and existing customers.
- Preparation of Sales Promotions & Mailings.
- Competitive analysis every six months by calling competition and gathering data such as banquet kits, room rental rates, etc.
- Telemarketing to previous clients to inquire about possible future bookings.
- Development and maintenance of all department control procedures.
- Handle all Food & Beverage inquiries and ensure timely follow up on the same business day.
- To co-ordinate with all large group meeting/banquet planners their specific group requirements with the services & facilities offered. This includes proposals, contracts, estimated and actual function statements. With banquet or conferences, the Chef is to be included in food related discussions.
- To confirm all details relative to group functions with meeting/banquet planners.
- Supervision of daily paper flow including Proposals, and Function Contracts.
- Maintenance of Hotel credit policies.
- Directly responsible for large function billings and overseeing medium/small function billings with particular regard to accuracy and timeliness (48 hours)
- Evaluation forms must accompany all invoices.
- Gather for large events, oversee for medium/small events, guaranteed attendance numbers. They are required 3 business days in advance of functions.
- Completion of monthly forecast.
- Attendance and participation at weekly F & B meeting and Department Head meeting.
- To assist in menu planning and pricing.
- Development and maintenance of department manual.
- Supervision of weekly payroll input.
- Be available to Hotel Staff at all times in case of emergency.
- Must have a complete knowledge of Fire Procedures.
- All other duties as directed by the General Manager or Assistant General Manager.
- Participation in Manager on Duty shifts as required.
- Assure bar inventory for functions, including opening and closing inventories, accurate bar summaries and cash deposits are prepared.
- Assure the maintenance of bar control policies.
- Assure completion of requisitions where deemed necessary.
- Assure the completion of weekly schedule and shift duties while:
- Completion of monthly inventory.
- Assure timely completion of function bills.
- Assure the ordering and purchasing of beer, wine, liquor, premix canisters and canned soft for Food& Beverage and vending.
- Purchasing of purchase requirements of small wares, linens requirements etc.
- Directly responsible for larger groups…overseeing medium and smaller groups:
- Consistent check of Banquet Food and Beverage quality, Banquet services and pallet presentation.
- Ensuring that services meet customer specifications.
- Quality of meeting room set-up.
- Liaise on an on-going basis with the Sales Department to ensure all client needs and requirements will be met.
- Work with the Chef, and Food & Beverage Supervisor to ensure all arrangements and details are dealt with.
- Establish a rapport with groups to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business.
- Minimize number of customer complaints.
- Ensure a professional attitude and proper business attire when on property, ready to meet or service a client at any time.
- Staff professional attitude and proper meeting Company appearance and uniform standards.
- Teamwork-Relations with co-workers and management.
- Quality of Food & Beverage services and department phone handling.
- Meeting with conveners and confirming proper set-up of Function Room at time of Function while on duty.
- Responsible for staff training and development.
- Personnel selection.
- Proper hiring procedures followed.
- Proper termination procedures must be followed.
- Department meeting being held monthly
- High employee retention.
- Personal development and growth.
- Discipline of personnel when required.
- Responsible for overseeing all scheduling within the department.
- Participation towards overall Hotel Maintenance and cleanliness.
- Achieving service that exceeds expectations.
- Overall maintenance of the operation at a level in keeping with the standards prescribed.
- Minimize the number of Workmen’s Compensation claims.
- Report any deficiencies in equipment and facilities.
- And others,
- MA/B.A degree Hospitality Management, Hotel Management or related field from a recognized university/college with 6/12 year’s experiences out of which 3/6 years on managerial position.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their applications, non-returnable CV’s, copies of document and other relevant testimonies to Intercontinental Addis Hotel Guinea Conakry (Tito) Street, Kazanchis, at Human Resource office during office hours from January 13, 2021 up to January 23, 2021. On the other option you can send an email to the hotel at [email protected] or [email protected] for more information call us 0115180444.
You must mention the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Manager
- Qualification BA/BSc