Internal and External Vacancy Announcement
Union of Ethiopian Women and Children Associations (UEWCA) is non-governmental, apolitical, non-religious consortium of 80 women; children and girls focused CSOs that are engaging on empowerment and gender equality in all regional states and city administrations of the country. It is established in 2010 as a platform to voice the voice of its members and beneficiaries as well as capacitate and coordinate the efforts of its member CSOs towards women, girls and children empowerment; and realization of gender equality.
Currently, UEWCA is implementing different projects focused on addressing Social Accountability, Climate Change, Gender Responsive Budgeting, and Modern Slavery, Women Voice & Leadership issues with the fund obtained from VNG-International/ESAP, FEMENT, Farm Africa, Un Women, Action Aid, Plan International and OXFAM.
It is therefore seeking to hire qualified and experienced professional for the following vacant Positions.
The Gender and Social Inclusion Expert will be stationed in Addis Ababa where the project is operating. She/he will be responsible for overall gender mainstreaming and social inclusion in Social Accountability (SA) project intervention woredas. She/he is required to undertake significant work in Addis Ababa where the ownership of the SA projects is located
Key tasks of the gender and social inclusion expert:
- Lead/guides the project team in gender mainstreaming in activity planning and budget forecasting – so that every team member understands the importance of gender equality and social inclusion;
- Provide technical and coaching support to all Woreda SA experts in the contract (including those employed by partners) so that they develop gender and social inclusion skills – co-facilitate social mapping and gender training, support SA expert collaborate with Woreda FTA/PFM (gender budgeting), administration, sector offices (gender policies of the government) and women affairs and finance, budget standing committee of the council, citizens and their organizations, in particular organizations of women and vulnerable groups;
- Design strategy to support woreda experts for conducting gender analysis at the beginning of the SA tool application and follow-up the implementation of the identified issues in the allotted field visits;
- Plan own activities in coordination with the SA project Coordinator and the M&E Officer, including joint monitoring and technical support trips with them as per the needs of the Woreda SA experts (and partners in the contract).
- In project team meetings, discuss and reflect on the gender and social inclusion dimension of practice stories, and follow-up that targets on gender and social inclusion are met – support documentation of interesting gender and social inclusion practice lessons and results, and share this with your peers in other SA projects;
- Support the SA project coordinator with gender and social analysis of monthly Woreda SA expert and field trip reports from joint monitoring with the SA Project Coordinator and/or M&E Officers – contribute to writing quarterly narrative reports to the MA, and make sure data is disaggregated by gender and vulnerable groups;
- Support the project coordinator to prepare ESAP3 grantee participation in the regional FTA-SA partnership meetings for possible gender and social inclusion related advocacy in sector responsiveness, policy dialogue, and SA systems development with innovation grants – organize with gender and social inclusion experts from other clusters, if required actively participate in the meetings, and follow-up with relevant regional government offices (e.g. women affairs and labor and social affairs);
- Participate in and provide input to learning and capacity development events organized by the MA/Hubs with the federal/regional governments and relevant sector ministries/bureaus– actively network with Gender and Social Inclusion Experts in other SA projects, and roll-out agreed gender and social inclusion actions to the project team.
- Upon request of the project coordinator, participate in monitoring visits either planned by ESAP3 MA, or requested by government, and development partners;
- Upon request of the project coordinator, support gender and social inclusion focus of ‘ESAP3 innovation grantees’ as well as ESAP3 baseline and end-line activities and other research activities for Impact Evaluation.
Terms of Employment : One year with possible extension
Required Candidate : One
Department : Program
Reports to: Project Coordinator
- MA/BA in Gender, Social Inclusion, Sociology and related fields
- Six/Eight years field experience with Gender and/or Social Inclusion
- SA Expertise is a bonus
- Potential and willingness to develop strong training and facilitation skills
- Strong determination to work for Gender Equality and Social Inclusion – understanding that social change requires active field presence
- Good networker – active on social media
- Willingness to spend significant time in the woredas – 25% travel
How to Apply
Applicants who fulfill the above mentioned requirements could submit cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae along with supporting documents/credentials in person within five working days of this announcement to the following address.
Union of Ethiopian Women and Children Associations (UEWCA)
Tel:-0116-36-81-51 Office location:-Yeka Sub –City Worda,08
Around:-Yeka Sub-City Chefe Health Center Near to Magic Carpet School
Email Application is not acceptable.
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Qualification BA/BSc