Shemu Group is a conglomerate companies composed of Shemu PLC, Asveza Ethiopia Retailing Share Company and other functional private limited and share companies with a fast growth track record. The Companies in the group engaged in manufacturing (liquid soap, bar soap, Edible oil and shortening products), retail service providing, printing, trading and engineering. Based on this our sister Company, Yegna Transit and Transport PLC want to hire competent, energetic, enthusiastic and capable applicants for the post we have.
A Transit and Transport Manager manages Yegna Transit and Transport Company, one of the companies in Shemu Group, main focus is on the fast and efficient flow of goods from the shipper to the receiver. The incumbent is responsible to manage all transit and transport-related activities of Shemu Group and other companies by liaising with all supply chain department operators.
- Manage Raw Materials Transportation to meet Shemu Group’s and other customers material requirement.
- Optimize carrier selection of Shemu Group to achieve budget and on-time delivery.
- Oversee replacement of containers as per prior arrangement.
- Direct all carrier performance reviews and create action plans to meet company objective for the future.
- Create and maintain positive working relationship with Transitors, transporters and other regulatory bodies.
- Contributing for smooth operation of supply chain in order to achieve effective and efficient operation.
- Booking sub-contractors (Transporters and transitors) and ensuring they deliver within agreed terms.
- Monitoring all costs of the company.
Qualifications and requirements
- A University degree in Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Accounting and related business fields
- 5-year experience in similar position of which 2 years in supervisory position
- Ability to appraise and use IT packages and ERP Systems.
- Tact, diplomacy and calmness
- An analytic mind and good numeracy skills.
- Good people management and coordination skills.
- Excellent financial acumen.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Ethiopia’s Custom’s regulations.
- Transit license a plus for the position
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfill the stated requirements can submit their application letter, CV and relevant credentials with non-returnable photocopies within Five (05) consecutive working days to Shemu Management Consultants Office 2nd floor located around Kaliti Total, in front of Kaliti Metals Factory, behind Kaliti Moenco or through email stating “Application for the post which you are applying for” in the subject line through email [email protected] in a single pdf file attachment.
Email applicants who do not follow the application instruction WILL NOT be considered.
Yegna Transit and Transport
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Qualification BA/BSc