MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Perform oral and written translation, from the mission language to local language(s) or vice versa, in order to ensure simultaneous, accurate, friendly, respectful, objective and fluent communication between MSF staff and local population.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Translate documents from / to mission language into a local one upon request.
• Translate discussions / meetings as requested
• Always keep respect towards patients, collaborators, authorities, military factions and MSF staff participating in discussions.
• Ensure confidentiality of all translation is maintained as directed by the Mission/Project coordination team.
• Ensure neutrality and accuracy when translating.
• Declare any “conflict of interest” when asked to translate (e.g. personal involvement) which would necessitate using other staff members for translation.
• Inform international staff about local customs, tradition, etc., that will help understand better the context and better communicate.
• Is able to translate and collaborate with all the departments (medical, logistics and Admin)
In brief, MSF proposed a project that will provide essential primary health care to at least 72,586 people, of which 24,028 of them are IDPs for two years, with an emphasis on reproductive, maternal and child health, the project will focus on improving access to quality preventative and curative health care services, lifesaving services to pregnant and lactating women and children.
The location of the project will be Sababoru. We are targeting an HC Darme as a core facilitywith 24/7 services with secondary health care capacity. And 15 kebeles for outreach with a clear referral mechanism to 4 less equipped HCs and from them to Darme HC and further referral to Hawassa or Negele hospital. The targeted areas and population will be in phases. April we target 6 kebeles, June start service at Darme HC and September the rest 9 Kebeles.
|Education||• Higher education ( health degree would be an asset)|
• Professional training in translation
|Experience||• Essential at least two years previous working experience. Desirable in MSF or other NGOs|
• Experience in written and oral translations and performing administrative tasks
|Languages||• Mission and local language essential (Oromifa, Amharic + English is an asset)|
|Knowledge||• Good computer skills (MS word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)|
|Competencies||• Results and Quality Orientation L1|
• Teamwork and Cooperation L1
• Behavioural Flexibility L1
• Commitment.to MSF Principles L1
• Service Orientation L1
• Stress Management L2
How to Apply
All applicants should send their application files (composed by CV, cover letter, educational records, work certificates and copy of ID card) by email to [email protected] OR give their application file in person to MSF Spain GUJI Gatluak KUEYLUAL or Teshome TADESSE.
IN ANY CASE, NAME AND POSITION SHOULD BE CLEARLY MENTIONED
Posting date: 1st of May 2021
Closing date: 10th of May 2021 (5PM international time).
ANY UNCOMPLETE APPLICATION AND/OR
ENVELOP WITHOUT NAMES+POSITION AND/OR
EMAIL WITHOUT NAME+POSITION IN THE SUBJECT
WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
WOMEN AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES (compatible with the nature of work) ARE STRONGLY ENCOURGAGED TO APPLY!
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed.
- Address Guji, Oromia
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc