MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Performing the day to day purchasing activities in a particular supply office (coordination or project level) according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the mission/ project
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Performing on a day to day basis the purchasing activities of a supply office, analyzing market sources and competitive pricing conditions among different suppliers in order to ensure an ongoing supply of goods, following the procurement procedures and according to MSF standards and protocols. Including the following activities:
• Constantly assessing the local market, seeking products and suppliers that offer the best value for money and negotiating prices in order to guarantee the best quality and pricing for MSF goods and commodities. Regularly updating the supplier-item-price data on the supply office and informing the Supply (Activity) Supervisor / Logistics Supervisor of all information or modifications to the data i.e. price, address, items available
• At the request of the line manager, obtaining different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing policy and placing purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed
• Requesting invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled and translating information written in local language before approval
• Managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: completing purchase orders, checking delivery notes (against orders), managing advances issued by the Finance Department, etc. Updating information on purchase lists after purchases are made
• Assisting in reception control process with the storekeeper
Performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity and as specified in his/her job description
|Education||Essential, secondary education; commerce related studies desirable|
|Experience||At least 2 years’ experience in supply chain related jobs|
|Languages||Essential mission working language and local language|
|Competencies||• Results and Quality Orientation L1|
• Teamwork and Cooperation L1
• Behavioural Flexibility L1
• Commitment.to MSF Principles L1
• Service Orientation L1
• Stress Management L2
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants should send their application files (composed by CV, cover letter, educational records, work certificates and copy of ID card) by email to [email protected] OR give their application file in person to MSF Spain GUJI Gatluak KUEYLUAL or Teshome TADESSE.
IN ANY CASE, NAME AND POSITION SHOULD BE CLEARLY MENTIONED
Posting date: 1st of May 2021
Closing date: 10th of May 2021 (5PM international time).
ANY UNCOMPLETE APPLICATION AND/OR
ENVELOP WITHOUT NAMES+POSITION AND/OR
EMAIL WITHOUT NAME+POSITION IN THE SUBJECT
WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
WOMEN AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES (compatible with the nature of work) ARE STRONGLY ENCOURGAGED TO APPLY!
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed.
- Address Guji, Oromia
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc