Welcome to the Diageo world of exciting possibilities, a world of celebrating life every day, everywhere.
Diageo is a truly global organisation with over 28,000 talented people and a presence in 180 countries. Across our 21 markets, our brand portfolio represents our biggest strength, and our biggest passion. Be it our global giants, local stars or reserve brands we use our vision, creativity and courage to drive the growth of our products worldwide. We invent strong brands for today and for the future; upholding the quality of our products and taking personal accountability for both the history and for the future of our brands.
We have more than 6,500 people working with Diageo in Africa: our Africa businesses account for over 20% of Diageo workforce worldwide. In all that we do, we seek to bring out the best of our Diageo values and release the ‘spirit of joy & community’ which is alive across the African continent. In Africa we create wealth both directly through our operations and indirectly through our broader value chains where we support development and growth in partnership with businesses and communities.
Thirteen of our production sites in Africa are in water stressed areas; so much of our focus is on managing water use in our operations effectively and reducing water poverty in surrounding communities through our pan-African Water of Life programme. Since its launch in 2006, we have brought safe drinking water to around 10 million people.
We are committed to our vision of being ‘the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer goods company. To be a part of Diageo is to be a part of history – and to have the unrivalled opportunity to make your own mark in history.
Top 3-5 Accountability
- To review security procedures across Meta Abo operations and recommend appropriate structures and policies to ensure that assets, sites, personnel and intellectual property are protected.
- Driving proactive programmes to mitigate current and emerging risks and trends to keep our people, assets and brands safe, including ensuring all sites meet minimum security standards
- Participate in crisis management in the event of commercial or executive threat and build and maintaining effective contacts across Diageo and externally (relevant law enforcement. regulatory
- and industry bodies) to assist in such crisis
- Ensure man-guarding and technical security systems on all locations provide the optimum level of cost effective security by maintaining up to date knowledge of available systems and recommending changes as appropriate.
- Conduct/manage investigations into suspected criminal matters and breaches of Diageo CoBC where requested and liaise with relevant law enforcement agencies where appropriate
- Conduct a thorough investigation and market inspection for the protection of Diageo owned brands in the market
- Leads, manages and executes Brand Protection plans and actions end to end.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Degree level qualification.
- In-depth knowledge of contemporary security systems and issues.
- At least 10 years of experience in the police service, armed forces or security industry Knowledge of interaction between company and law enforcement agencies in criminal activities, kidnap/extortion & crisis management cases.
- Experienced in enforcement of brand protection endeavors both in Ethiopia and/or overseas
- High level of presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Experience of commerce in relation to the police and crime.
- Knowledge of electronic surveillance systems.
- Awareness to negotiate terms and structure of security and brand protection contracts.
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Qualification BA/BSc