INTERNAL /EXTERNAL VACANCY
FH Ethiopia is a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities. At FH, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call the “The Heartbeat”. This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty. FH Ethiopia would like to invite potential candidates to apply for the following position:
Position: Health & Nutrition Officer
Duty Station: Simada Project (Amhara Reginal Stat South Gondar Zone)
Duration of Contract: One-year contract, renewable (with 60 working days probation period)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible to plan, implement, monitor, report, and generally be responsible for the effective implementation of FHE Health and Nutrition Program in DFAP in the area of Essential Nutrition Action (ENA), Essential Hygiene Action (EHA) and Maternal Neonatal and Child Health (MNCH).
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Result #1 – Planning, Coordination and implementation
· Plan, coordinate and ensure the implementation of the FH/E NEFAP health Program focusing on nutrition and hygiene & sanitation, targeting mothers and under five children and produce timely reports
· Ensure that hygiene and sanitation related activities with emphasis to community led total sanitation (CLTS) are effectively implemented as planned.
· Work jointly with the NEFAP agriculture and capacity building officer and water engineer to ensure effective implementation of the livelihood activities.
· Develops appropriate IEC materials related to health in close discussion with the NEFAP Project Health Coordinator.
· Gather health and Nutrition related information from Governmental, Non-Governmental and other appropriate sources at the district level and share it among project staff and FH/E.
Key Result #2 – Capacity building and technical support
· Plan, organize, and facilitate/conduct various training and educational sessions on ENA, MNCH and EHA for animators, health extension workers and to other key stakeholders.
· Implement the Care Group Model to reach households with pregnant women and young children to share health and sanitation information and encourage behavior to enhance child wellbeing.
· Manage staff under his/her supervision and provide technical support for staffs under his/her responsibility: hygiene and sanitation facilitators, community health animators and promoters.
Key Result #3 – Monitoring, evaluation and reporting
· Conducts regular monitoring of activities to ensure the effective implementation of the health and Nutrition program, and communicates timely with a possible recommendation in case of any deviation.
· Facilitates and takes the lead in mini-KPC, anthropometry, barrier analysis and other surveys conducted at the operational area.
· Guide staff under the supervision in periodic reporting of activities and results.
· Ensure that periodic reports are prepared to the required standards and submitted to the immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
Key Result #4 – Enhance partnership and networking
· Establish and maintain smooth-working relationships with appropriate governmental (mainly health office), non-Governmental, faith based and community-based organizations working in related field at district, zonal and regional level.
· Establish and strengthen grass root level networking particularly for hygiene and sanitation related activities (CLTS committees) and link the structure with the district hygiene and sanitation focal person for sustainability
· Carry out any other relevant duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
SAFETY AND SECURITY RESPONSIBILITIES
Ø Each FHE staff member should adhere to all pertinent policies concerning safety and security policy of FH. Lapses in safe conduct can jeopardize the health and welfare of all staff.
Ø Every FHE staff member has an obligation to learn and understand the security situation where they are located.
Ø He/she has a responsibility to become familiar to social, cultural and other associated features of their duty stations;
Ø Abstains from inappropriate or offensive behavior that can put FHE in a difficult position, impair operations, and jeopardize the health and welfare of all staff of FHE.
Ø All FHE staff should promotes safe conducts and exercises caution in all work activities; staff should accountable for own personal and professional actions and conduct.
Ø Be aware of the stereotypes about women’s and men’s capacities, and discuss how they influence staff, in assigning responsibility, and in managing resources at unit and organization level.
Ø Be able to describe how gender issues relate to one’s job responsibilities and how gender equity can be promoted through the execution of those responsibilities.
Ø Be familiar with the local Gender Focal Point(s), and go to her/him to learn more about gender issues, or when there is a gender grievance or harassment issue to resolve
Safeguarding Policy: Food for the Hungry is committed to conducting its programs and operations, in a manner that is safe for all beneficiaries it serves. It is FH’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that prevents and deters any actions and omissions that put any beneficiaries, including children and the most vulnerable, at risk. All personnel are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy could result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
· Education – BSc. Degree in Public Health, Nursing, Environmental Health or related fields
· Experience- Three years relevant work experience. NGO experience is preferred
· Good communication skills in both spoken and written Amharic and English,
· Networking and public relations and analytical skills,
· public speaking and dialogue facilitation skills
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Competent candidates should submit their application and updated CV’s ONLY to: [email protected]
Candidates MUST refer the position title on the subject line of their email and applications
- Address Wegeda/Simada, Amhara
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc