GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #167/2019
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes.
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been working for more than 40 years in bilateral cooperation on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and on the commission of the Ethiopian government and international donors.
GIZ staff national personnel number is increasing and the HR department task volume is also increasing. To cover the increasing number of tasks it becomes necessary to add a temporary staff for the performance of specified piecework tasks mentioned below and could also be assigned to support other duties and tasks arising in the HR department during the contract period as deemed necessary.
The coming temporary HR assistant will help the department in finalizing the indicated pending tasks apartment from dealing with. GIZ- Office is looking to recruit a HR Assistant as per the detail below.
Position: HR Assistant/Temporary
Application deadline: October 12,2019
Required Candidates: One
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
Duration: October 15 – December 31, 2019
The Temporary HR Assistant performs the following tasks:
In the defined three months period the temporary HR Assistant handles
- Lists 2018 assessment and development talk training needs and greed/suggested trainings on an Excel sheet for all employees (deadline 10.11.2019).
- Check and collect the online code of conduct training certificates and update personal file (staff hired till the end of September 2019)
- Develop Guarantee letter database (optional)
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University Degree in Management, Business Administration, Accounting or similar area (if possible with a focus on HR management)
- 2 years professional experience/ HR experience is advantageous
Other knowledge, additional competences
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (in particular MS Excel pivot tables, filter functions etc.)
- high level of accuracy
- impressive track record in a service provider and governance role
- very good knowledge of English language both in speaking and writing
- awareness of how to handle HR issues appropriately (confidentiality, data protection)
willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via mail: [email protected]
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Number ‘HR Assistant/Temporary #167/2019’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers. Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc