Rainbow Confectionery PLC is a light manufacturing firm engaged in the production of sweet foods such as candies, toffees and lollipops. Starting operations in late 2016, the company has managed to become a market leader in the Ethiopian confectionery sector by focusing on quality and delivering value to its customers, and partners along the supply chain. Beyond competing and selling in the market, ensuring an efficient and organized work flow on the production floor is vital to the firm’s success. Thus, the company is seeking to hire a Human Resources Officer experienced in managing manufacturing units, specifically candidates who have directly overseen factory employee teams of 50+ people. Salary is negotiable based on relevant work experience; the factory is located in the industrial zone in Akaki Kaliti sub-city, about 10 minutes’ drive from St.Gabriel Church.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement HR manuals, strategies, systems, tactics, initiatives and procedures across the organization; aligned with the company’s overall business strategy
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues.
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics.
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process.
- Monitoring staff attendance and overseeing a performance appraisal system that drives high performance.
- Maintain employee records (attendance etc.) according to company policy and legal requirements.
- Direct disciplinary procedures.
- Advising line managers and other employees on employment law and the employer’s own employment policies and procedures.
- Nurture a positive working environment.
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program and make sure that staff get paid correctly and on time.
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process by contacting references and performing background checks
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs.
- Looking after the health, safety and welfare of all employees.
- Negotiating salaries, contracts, working conditions or redundancybpackages with staff and representatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Proven work experience as a Human Resources Officer at local manufacturing firms.
- In-depth knowledge of labour laws and HR best practices.
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- People oriented and results driven.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- Effective organisational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Degree in Human Resources or related field
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can send their CV to: [email protected]
- Address Addis Ababa
- Qualification BA/BSc