Application by:31 Oct, 2020
Project title:Land Governance in Ethiopia
Duration of assignment:24 months
Duty station:Bahir Dar
The German and Ethiopian governments agreed to support land governance within the German-Ethiopian Technical Cooperation.
The project aims to create the conditions necessary for land consolidation procedures through capacity development at government agencies at regional and national level as well as in the private sector.
The project aims at laying the methodological and legal foundations for future land consolidation procedures. The responsible authorities shall be prepared for being able to plan and prepare land consolidation procedures independently. For this reason, the capacities of staff at relevant national and regional authorities as well as civil society organizations will be strengthened. At organizational level, procedures will be described, and binding guidelines developed together with the Ethiopian authorities. At regulatory level, sets of legal rules will be developed to safeguard a rule-of-law-compliant procedure for land consolidation.
GFA is now looking for an International Coordinator for Amhara Region and Land Administration Specialist
for the following Tasks
- Assuming the overall responsibility for the advisory package of the contractor;
- Overseeing the work of the contractor’s team members;
- Coordinating the work with Amhara Land Administration and Use Bureau (ALAUB) and other regional and local administrative organizations;
- Preparing demand-driven work plans in close coordination with local partners;
- Identification of pilot areas together with project partners and beneficiaries, based on transparent criteria;
- Ensuring the coherence and complementary of the services of the contractor with other services delivered by the program at local and national level (esp. with the GIZ team at national level);
- Strategy, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacity development measures for local partners as described above;
- Considering cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender equality);
- Personnel management, in particular identifying the need for short-term assignments within the available budget, as well as planning and steering assignments and supporting local and international short-term experts;
- Ensuring results monitoring is conducted;
- Make sure that all measures proposed are in line with environmental, health and social standards;
- Regular reporting in accordance with deadlines;
- Responsibility for controlling the use of funds and financial planning in consultation with GIZ’s officer responsible for the commission;
- Supporting the officer responsible for the commission in updating/adapting the project strategy, in evaluations and in preparing a follow-on phase.
- Postgraduate university degree in land management and administration, geography, geodesy, spatial planning, or a similar discipline;
- Good business language skills in English; proficiency in the German language would be an asset;
- 20 years of professional experience in the land management sector;
- 10 years in land consolidation;
- 6 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company or administration;
Regine Reuter [email protected]
Please read carefully our
CONSENT TO THE USE OF PRIVATE DATA
- Address Bahir Dar