SBC Advocacy and Campaign to Control the Spread of COVID-19 under Local Food Markets Settings in Addis Ababa
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, GAIN seeks to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, GAIN aims to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially those most vulnerable to malnutrition. In response to the global pandemic, GAIN has developed the Keeping Food Markets (KFMW) program to help sustain core food systems, workers and markets during COVID-19 emergency. GAIN’s goal is to mitigate the collapse of food systems by supporting food markets and the value chain companies in Low and Middle Income Countries (LMICs) such as Ethiopia, which face potentially catastrophic supply and demand disruption.
Objectives of the Consultancy Assignment
The objective of the consultancy assignment is to commission a media/communication/creative agency to devise, adapt, implement and monitor a multichannel social and behaviour change campaign aimed toward containing the spread of COVID-19 under traditional food markets settings in Addis Ababa. By undertaking effective social and behaviour change campaign, GAIN aims change and sustain community’s behaviours including routinely cleaning hands with soap/sanitizers, wearing face mask, and social distancing, to prevent further spread of COVID-19 through enhancing community’s risk/perception and building community’s confidence on the preventive behaviours.
Eight (8) months from date of signing contract agreement.
- A professional full-service creative advertising and brand communications agency with proven social and development capabilities in terms of facilities/networks,
- Experience in strategic communication programming with adequate understanding of current social and behavior change theories and principles,
- Experienced multi-media creative staff including graphic designers, photo editors, audio visual personnel,
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent degree, or higher) in Communication/ Media/ Social Science subject/any other related discipline,
- Minimum 5 -7 years of relevant experience at national level in the area of advocacy and communication/social behavioral change/ communication strategy and materials development,
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communications skills in both English, Amharic and Oromiffa,
- Ability to deliver on tight schedules without compromising quality,
- Evidence of creativity, thinking “outside the box,” and innovation,
- A network of contacts with key mass media and ability to negotiate and secure good media packages,
- Evidence for rich experience in developing compelling content to generate response from target audiences and prepare timely quality report discussing qualitative and quantitative outputs,
- Familiarity with GAIN works such as nutrition, sustainable food systems and
- Practical knowledge on the functioning of traditional/Local food markets in Addis Ababa
Required Documents and Specific Conditions
- Interested service providers/agencies must attached copy of the following relevant documents
- Valid renewed business license
- VAT registration certificate
- Any other relevant document
- GAIN reserves the right to alter the dates of the timetable
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants are encouraged to download and review the detail Terms Of Reference (TOR) from the link here prior to completing their responses.
The technical and financial proposals must be sent in a separate pdf file. Send your technical and financial proposal to [email protected]
Each page of submitted documents should be stamped or signed by the applicant.
Use the following as a subject line of your email “Proposal to “SBC Advocacy and Campaign to Control the Spread of COVID-19’’
Use the name of your organization to save the financial and technical proposals
Deadline for submissions is before March 14, 2021
Late submissions will not be accepted
Proposals that do not follow the above guidelines will be rejected automatically
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Qualification BA/BSc