The Livelihood/Income Generate Activity Coordinator supervises the implementation of core program in Tigray and new areas to be identified, the Livelihood/Income Generate Activity Coordinator will supervisor the trainers in the centers. The Livelihood/Income Generate Activity Coordinatorr ensures the quality of the services and the day-to-day activities are delivered to Women participants in the best way possible. He/ She is also responsible to make sure that the Program goes according to work plans. The officer puts schedules in places for different activities without causing any conflict. The officer will be responsible to create a friendly learning environment for Women participants. It is the officer’s responsibility to raise PRs of maintenance needs for the centers in a timely manner.
Overseeing women’s training centers by:
· Supervising the implementation of activities in accordance with the program plan and budget
· Ensure that participants receive up to date information and are aware of the assistance available in the centers and the area.
· Provides trainings and replace trainers in case of their absence.
· Promote referral, complaint & feedback mechanism for the affected population.
· Maintain an overall schedule and plan of activities of Women participate activities offered to participants.
· Follow up with the social and economic trainers on participants who miss classes and report this back to the PM.
· Coordinate with other organizations and create a service map for all offered services in the area.
· Submit detailed bi-weekly field reports to the program manager and indicate challenges, achievement, and success stories.
· Coordination and Communication:
· Participate in community identifications and assessments.
· Coordinate with program officers from other program areas and share experiences.
· Coordinate with governmental institutions such as Woreda and Zonal local authorities
· Responsible for the delivery of the stipends to women on a monthly basis and submit supporting documents to clear advances.
· Continuously assess and evaluate program implementation against program work plan in collaboration with the trainers.
· Submit monthly needed reports to supervisor.
· Participate in mid-term assessments for finding new locations, and/or needs assessment, any field research or evaluation of Economic Empowerment activities such as saving groups, vocational classes.
· Supports the program trainers in collecting success stories, photos and signed consent forms for each photo submitted.
· Keep the supervisor aware of any problems or issues encountered in the field as soon as it happens.
· Assist in community outreach activities during enrollment.
· Assist in community mobilization of participants in assigned locations.
· Any other duties assigned by supervisor
· University degree in Project Management or related fields
· At least five years of experience in project management or project implementation mainly IGA related
· Good experience in IGA projects, small & medium micro enterprises, development groups, credit & saving associations
· Knowledge of actors specializing in mental Health &Trauma
· Excellent interpersonal communication and teamwork skills
- Experience working on curricula such as Healing Wounds of Trauma
· Experience implementing projects with trauma affected mainly women’s
· Ability to understand the needs of Woman participants targeted groups.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English & Tigrigna
· This position will be working mainly with female beneficiaries, so female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Spoken, written and reading in English mandatory; fluency in Amharic and Tigrinya mandatory.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
· Possesses strong organizational and problem-solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
· Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
· Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Must be a humble team player.
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
· Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas/formatting.
· He/she must have analytical and report writing skills.
· High level of integrity and stewardship.
· Committed to the SP values and ethics.
· Above average mathematic skills
· Willingness to travel in and out of field.
· Practical, quick, reasoning skills; must be able to keep communication lines open with all parties in program of scheduling changes.
· Clear understanding of the workings of major donors and their perspectives, requirements and standards.
· Organizational and time management skills.
· Good interpersonal and written oral communication skills.
· Ability to coordinate activities with other agencies, build and maintain positive working relationships.
· Ability to understand complex security situation and advise program design accordingly.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk and run; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be exposed to loud noises around the maintenance and construction workshops.
· May travel in country with exposure to communicable diseases, hot and humid weather conditions.
· Work in a security context that is fluid
This is a non-contractual document that can be varied from time to time as circumstances dictate. This job announcement is intended to summarize the main duties and responsibilities of the post; this is not intended to be a full and exhaustive list of tasks. All SP staff is expected to demonstrate flexibility and willingness to perform appropriate tasks when the need arises.
Interested applicants can send ONLY updated CV (maximum of 2 pages and application letter (one Page only) no later than January 29,2023, to [email protected] . Please write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, ”Livelihood/Income Generate Activity Coordinator ”
- Address Ethiopia
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10