September 14, 2021
Post Title: Logistics and Administration Officer
Report to: Area Coordinator
Duty Station: Oromia Regional State, Chiro/Meayso
Salary: As per the organizations scale
Duration: One years with possible extension
Islamic Relief is an international relief and development charity founded in 1984 with its headquarters in Birmingham, UK. As well as responding to disasters and emergencies, Islamic Relief promotes sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities – regardless of race, religion or gender. The office officially started operation in Ethiopia in 2004. Islamic Relief Ethiopia (IRE) is operational in the Somali Regional State with a base office in Hargelle, Elkere, Bare, Dekasuftu, Jigjiga, Afar Regional State; Ewa & Gulina and an additional operational office in Addis Ababa. For more information please visit our website: http://www.islamic-relief.org/work-with-us
The Logistics and Administration Officer is responsible for managing staffs, handling employee grievances, managing staff benefit, Managing staff Annual leave, purchasing, transportation, stock control, warehousing, and ensuring structures are in place to monitor the flow of goods and materials. S/he coordinates utilization of vehicles, creates routes, supervises drivers, coordinates routine maintenance, and monitors proper utilization of respective budget. Besides, s/he is responsible for managing the provision of clerical, typing, cleaning, security, reception, and other support services for a group of staff in an office or unit or the entire organization.
1. In consultation with the Area Coordinator, the Logistics and Admin Officer handle employee grievances, disciplinary issues and other administrative problems according to IR policies and procedures and on staff rights;
2. Manage personnel activities with the technical advice of the HR Coordinator at CO level.
3. Prepare staff annual leave plan, make ready replacements for staff going for leave in advance when applicable and help employees to go to leave as per their plan; Maintain up-to-date record of annual leave and other leaves;
4. Manage and Maintain records of staff benefits including medical benefits, leave balance, acting allowances etc and advice the concerned.
5. Coordinates staff development activities of project area offices to perform in-house training through different mechanisms.
6. Ensures that request for annual staff appraisal is sent before the year ends, follow up on timely submission of the appraisals so that employee’s contracts will be renewed or terminated at the beginning of the next budget year; and Coordinates and supervises the compilation of work performance reports of project area offices in IR.
7. Sets up sound supply chain and avails means of transport for any request and warehouse space.
8. Ensures the provision of effective and efficient logistical support services to all units and departments of the organization
9. Supervises reception and switchboard staff to ensure that there is appropriate cover at all times, and supervises the provision of work processing.
10. Ensures and monitors procurements are cost effective, timely, up to expected quality level, and in compliance with IR financial as well as procurement and logistics policies and procedures.
11. Networks and communicates with government, suppliers and other stakeholders concerning logistics and procurement, shares update, proposes innovative ideas, and develops and maintain suppliers’ list; and supports the importation of goods and ensures clearance through customs and delivers goods and services for the field office
12. Ensures timely availability of vehicle for office need, maintaining the quality, cost as per the standard checklists developed and staff vehicle request are well-organized and coordinated.
13. Ensures the adherence of IR vehicle management policy, driver rules and regulation are maintained, vehicle service time and maintenance schedules are followed.
14. Ensures that IRE vehicles are properly maintained through either contracted private services or qualified agency employees and are used for official business, carrying only authorized personnel and no use of vehicles after-work hours.
15. Monitors and controls vehicles to maximize efficiency in usage of fuel and regular maintenance costs and ensures the maintenance of history jackets of vehicles as per the check list and follows up for its regular update.
16. Ensures the annual inspection of vehicles, secures insurance coverage; ensures the availability of IR logo on the vehicles and on rented vehicles;
17. Provides/facilitates logistical support for staff travel arrangements during internal and external travel.
18. Reviews vehicle log sheet, periodically services vehicles at CO and project offices, and produces monthly fuel consumption report.
19. Ensures that inventory records are updated upon the arrival of new asset and reports to the Logistics Coordinator; ensures the completeness of the store records, periodically monitoring the store movements.
20. Supports for the supervision and monitoring of all field office stores, rented warehouses and stock movement activities are in compliance with IR policies and procedures.
21. Compiles periodic, procurement data, store inventory, logistics support report maintaining with required quality and supports periodic asset inventory.
22. Produces periodic monthly, quarterly and annual reports as well as other reports on HR maters.
23. Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Management, Supply Management, Business Administration or related fields.
· 4 years of relevant work experience in related positions preferable in INGO/NGO settings.
· Strategic thinker – proven ability to translate strategic plans into action
· Decisiveness with excellent judgement
· Excellent interpersonal skills – builds good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Excellent oral and written communications in English. Local language (Afan Oromo) is preferable.
· Able to plan, prioritize and organize self and others
· Demonstrated ability to lead a team
· Ability to manage a complex and demanding workload with flexible behavior
· Must have high ethical standards and Able to plan, prioritize and organize self and others
· Commitment to humanitarian principles and action
· Competence in MS Office
Safeguarding and Equal Opportunity
Islamic Relief and Islamic Relief staff considers the welfare and protection of children, young people and people at risk to be paramount to the organization. And must adhere the principle of ‘do no harm and leave no one behind.’ It is critical we do not expose communities or staff we work with to the risk of harm through our interventions. With a zero tolerance approach Islamic Relief have a number of related policies which also describe standards in behavior expected from the organization, its staff and representatives towards each other and those we serve. Islamic Relief is committed to responding swiftly, appropriately and constructively to any and all information children, young people and people at risk have disclosed.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. We participate in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme and will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and child abuse during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment before signing the contract agreement.
Islamic Relief believes everyone has the right to be safe, respected and valued regardless of who they are or their circumstances, and an equal employment opportunity to all candidates and qualified applicants, we do not discriminate on the base of age, sex, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability status and diversity.
How to Apply
· Interested candidates are required to submit a complete Job application form with all required supporting documents (copy of credentials and testimonials) through [email protected].
· You can access the Job Application Form with this link: http://www.islamic-relief.org.et/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Employment-Application-form-1.docx. Failure to follow the instructions will invalidate your application.
· Closing date for the application is September 28, 2021.
· Due to the high volume of application, we regret that we will be able to contact only the shortlisted candidates.
- Address Chiro/Meayso, Oromia
- Qualification BA/BSc