- Plans, organizes, coordinates and controls Leaf production operations on all North Leaf Operation Centers /Robi, Jeweha & Ataye/ and includes:
- Coordinates and monitors all operations are performed in a timely manner, according to the plan at all North Leaf Operation Centers.
- Ensures that Leaf attains the targeted volume, quality and Leaf integrity.
- Financial and administrative activities
- Provides timely extension services to growers and commercial farmers.
- Promotes the image of the farm and JTI-NTE
- Establishes Healthy & good working relationship with growers, local government and non-governmental organizations.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, supervises and controls all operations at North Leaf Operation Centers and ensures successful performance of approved seedling, transplanting, wet Leaf & cured Leaf weekly, monthly, seasonal & annual plan for all North Leaf Operation Centers.
- Ensures establishment of effective & respectful extension system with farmers with in all North Leaf Operation Centers to enable growers to smoothly accept & apply all directions & advices given by the agronomic team.
- Ensures efficient planning and co-ordination of harvesting in accordance with curing barn capacities and the availability of wet Leaf transportation commensurate with tobacco Leaf to be harvested /purchased. Ensures wet Leaf buying after Clear separation/grading of first & second grade on all North Leaf Operation Centers.
- Ensures all new JTI systems are fully implemented on all North Leaf Operation Centers on time , ensures implementation of “Minimum Agronomic Standards” (MAS) in the concession and on extension farms. Ensures Leaf loss reduction at all stages, cured Leaf quality improvement .
- Ensures that all Environmental, Health & Safety procedures and regulations are complied with in all North Leaf Operation Centers.
- Manages human resources, property and financial administration activities at all North Leaf Operation Centers, in accordance with the company regulation, procedures and delegation. Controls all North Leaf Operation Centers all costs & ensures all costs are as per the norm.
- Manages various tasks & projects as they arise and up on the request.
- BSC in Plant Science or Agronomy.
- 7 years work experience in farm operations, of which 2 years should be at a managerial position.
- Fluent in English (oral &written), MS office confident user, knowledge of Internal Regulations & safety policy of the company.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their application letter and Curriculum vitae only through email address [email protected] and the application should be before the application deadline.
Application email subject shall state the position title. Failure to comply with the guideline may lead to immediate rejection.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Address Ethiopia
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20