AIDS Healthcare Foundation is a global not-for-profit organization that provides cutting-edge medicine and advocacy to more than 1.5million patients in 45 countries and is headquartered at Los Angeles, California, USA.
Since 1987, AHF has cared for thousands of people living with HIV and AIDS worldwide. As we create and implement unparalleled programs in new communities globally, we expand delivery of healthcare and influence over strategies with the sole aim of saving more lives.
The organization is looking for experienced candidates to health facilities where it is providing programmatic supports on HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, and care for the following positions.
AHF–Ethiopia has agreed with ALERT Center and Saint Paul’s Hospital to partner in maximizing the effort of HIV prevention, treatment and care provided in different service units of the facilities. The assigned candidates will execute the following respective duties and responsibilities to meet the stated objective.
The Nurse Counselors in AHF-Ethiopia Prevention Team based at ALERT and St Paul’s Hospitals are responsible for the activities of HIV testing programs, and related activities including community-based initiatives. The employee will work in close collaboration with other Prevention Team, Clinical Department and Advocacy/Marketing staff to contribute for the achievement of the country’s prevention roadmap. The employee will assist in designing HIV prevention strategies, implement and follow planned activities that support improved access to HIV prevention in Ethiopia.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the day-to-day counseling and testing activities with guidance from the Counselor Coordinator and Prevention Program and AU Advocacy Liaison Manager
- Ensure that all relevant materials and equipment for HCT are adequately in place at the facility
- Regularly work on recording and registration of HCT Data on the respective registration and client intake forms
- Assist the Counselor Coordinator and Prevention Program and AU Advocacy Liaison Manager in improving the quality of AHF’s HCT, HIV prevention and advocacy activities
- Assist the prevention and data teams in preparation of regular reports
- Take the initiative to improve the hospital HCT activity together with the Counselor Coordinator
- Closely supervise the Girls Act program in joint with Psychosocial Support Team and Advocacy & Marketing Coordinator
- Work as Prevention Focal Person in making sure that the universal precautions procedures are in place within the facility
- Supervise the HCT data clerks at the facility and testing team, take corrective actions as required or report to the Counselor Coordinator and Prevention Program and AU Liaison Manager when necessary
- Assist in other activities including ART service provision, linkage and retention, adherence support, etc. to fill gaps whenever there is a demand from AHF Ethiopia team
- Provide assistance in other outreach HCT activities as deemed necessary, especially in support of HIV prevention events, campaigns, mass testing, mobilization, etc.
- Take part in the preparation of AHF-Ethiopia’s country HIV prevention and advocacy program plan in joint with AHF-Ethiopia Prevention Team
- Execute any related additional duties assigned by Counselor Coordinator and Prevention Program & AU Advocacy Liaison Manager
Education, Qualification, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of Diploma in Clinical Nursing from a recognized institution; having additional psychology education or social science background is an added advantage
- At least three years’ experience in HIV program service delivery, with particular emphasis on HIV counseling, in a similar NGO or developmental agency
- Training and skills on HCT would be a necessity; additional training on PMTCT, ART, TB/HIV, Nutrition in HIV… is an advantage
- Further education in HIV related courses is an advantage
- Proficient in basic computer programs including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet skills, and knowledge on data base
- Excellent written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills with good command of English & Amharic languages
- Effective time management and meeting deadlines maintaining quality
- Must be highly organized and demonstrate multi-tasking ability
- Flexible, proactive and able to organize work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent interpersonal interaction skills and keen to work with good team spirit
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply by email to: Regional Human Resources Manager – AHF Africa Bureau, through: [email protected]
The application is required to include cover letter of interest, detailed updated CV, copy of academic documents and other credentials, and must be submitted before the deadline.
Workstation for all positions will be in Addis Ababa
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
NB:- Please do not forget to write the position you are applying on the subject line of your email so that it will be directed to the right department.
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc