Are you interested in training perioperative nurses in Ethiopia and Liberia to develop their leadership, research and patient safety skills?
Lifebox is looking for nurse educators and facilitators who are passionate about supporting the development of future surgical nursing leaders. Do you have the ability to deliver high quality, creative and practical skills training? If so, we want to hear from you!
As a trainer you will join a team delivering nurse-led, non-technical and clinical skills training to perioperative nurses who are taking part in a new pilot program – Nursing Leadership for Surgical Excellence. NLSE offers trainees a 9 month Continuing Professional Development course, consisting of an 11 module curriculum and mentorship to support them to design and implement a Quality Improvement project in their facility.
Training will be delivered both virtually and in-person, your location and expertise will guide which sessions you are responsible for. Modules include: Leadership, management and communication,Research, Quality Improvement, Perioperative nursing, Surgical safety checklist, Surgical instruments, Pain assessment & management, Post-operative care, Infection prevention and control, IT skills and Professional development.
You will work both independently and in collaboration with other trainers to facilitate sessions, as well as supporting the program team to maintain training records and provide feedback to improve educational materials.
Compensation rates: $50 half day, $100 full day (subject to local taxes). Minimum 6 hours of teaching expected per month.Reporting to the Program Manager.
- Registered nurse experienced in clinical or non-technical skill training with a teaching or mentorship qualification
- Proven experience in a leadership role in the perioperative environment
- Skilled and confident in learner engagement, managing the learning environment, embedding learning via evaluation and feedback
- Excellent spoken English
- Based in Liberia (Monrovia) or Ethiopia (Addis Ababa), applicants based in other global locations are welcome to apply for virtual teaching roles
- Clinical and teaching experience in any of the following specific topics: leadership, communication, research qualitative/quantitative, quality improvement, perioperative nursing or surgical patient safety
Interested? To apply please send your CV and a cover letter indicating your preferred teaching areas and motivation for applying to: [email protected]
Note: Use ” tittle” as the subject line of your email !
Application closing date: 16/10/22. Interviews expected week beginning 24th October 2022. Induction training & ToT November – December 2022.
Expected program launch date 23rd January 2023.
- Address Ethiopia