- Collects mails and envelops from security team and deliver to appropriate teams/officers – twice a day
- Delivers stationery items to clients as the Office Management Support arranges
- Assists on opening and distributing of parcels/mails to officers’ pigeonholes
- Assists on proper arrangement of items in the stationery stores – assist on labelling shelves, loading and unloading items
- Assists on arranging of outgoing bags to UK
- Cleans and clears empty dip bags, rasps in dip bag room, stationery stores in a regular basis
- Provides driving services for office support activities
- Performs other duties given by immediate supervisor
- Language: English
- High School completion or College Diploma in business management or related
- Experience of Customer Service Management, office support & clerical services
- Ability to work with Outlook, Word, Excel
- 3rd diving license
Application deadline – day
Application deadline – month
Application deadline – year
Start Date – day
Start Date – month
Start Date – year
The successful candidate will get access to a range of learning and development opportunities, including on the job customer service handling, team working. They will also be able to benefit from the wide range of training run by the British Embassy including on office software like PRISM and cross-cultural communication.
The standard working hours of the British Embassy for office staff are 0800-1645 Monday-Fridays.
Locally engaged staff of all grades will be entitled to paid annual leave as follows:
Up to 2 years 22 days
After 2 years services 25 days
After 5 years services 30 days
In addition to annual leave, the British Embassy observes up to a maximum number of 14 Ethiopian, British and Religious public holidays each year. A list of such Embassy holidays will be published each year. Office Staff required to work on these holidays will be granted time off in lieu or overtime where circumstances permit.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British Embassy will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Embassy in Addis Ababa are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Ethiopia.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit. The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay the fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: Job grade AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.
- Address Addis Ababa
- Salary Offer Less than 20,000
- Qualification High School, Diploma
- Text Area field Starting monthly salary () ETB 10,757.84