Chemonics International seeks an Office Management Specialist for the USAID-funded Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project. GHSC-PSM Ethiopia will serve as the primary vehicle through which USAID will procure and furnish health commodities, provide technical assistance to improve the country’s management of the supply chain, and collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global and local health initiatives.
The Office Management Specialist is responsible to plan, organize and implement office functions and provide the necessary support to the GHSC-PSM project.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
As Office Management Specialist for the GHSC-PSM Ethiopia Program, the employee is responsible for the following principle duties and responsibilities:
- Organizes and coordinates project activities like meetings, workshops, conferences, exhibitions etc
- Directly supervise staff including the Administrative Officers, the Receptionist, Office Assistants, and Office Cleaners,
- Establish and manage office filing system to allow easy access to contractually required reports, as well as any other reports required by Chcmonics, the government of Ethiopia, and USAID. Also manages electronic filing systems.
- Liaise with Chemonics’ home office staff to ensure the filing, archiving, and digital uploading of all relevant administrative and contractual documentation.
- Monitor the inventory of office equipment, regularly record and update equipment inventory, and request additional equipment as necessary, in accordance with Chemonics policies and procedures.
- Take primary responsibility for managing the physical office space, ensuring functioning systems for office communications, supplies, office administration, and staff
- Lead the management of International and domestic travel and hotel accommodation for PSM staff and partners.
- Support field teams with various administrative resources required to properly conduct their duties.
- Facilitates procurements and contracts with Operations team.
- Drafts letters and general correspondences, memos, and minutes of meetings.
- Arranges appointments with persons from outside the project and schedules visitors to the project’s staff.
- Performs all other similar duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Office Management Specialist will report directly to the USAID GHSC-PSM Operations Manager
- BA degree in Administrative Management and Secretarial Science and/OJ’ Other Business Educations,
- At least 5+ years of experience, proven administrative experience
- Experience working in USAID funded projects,
- Experience managing large offices desirable
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility 1 and integrity
- High level computer skills, particularly in MS Office software, and graphics,
- Excellent interpersonal and vvTiting and oral communications skills;
- Fluency in English required.
How to Apply
To apply, please reply to this e-mail [email protected] and please specify the position title as subject line in your application and submit no later than March 4, 2021. No telephone inquiries, pleases. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Qualification BA/BSc