Chemonics International seeks experienced professionals for the USAID-funded Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project. GHSC-PSM Ethiopia will serve as the primary vehicle through which USAID will procure and furnish health commodities, provide technical assistance to improve the country’s management of the supply chain, and collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global and local health initiatives.
As part of strengthening the capacity of the Ethiopian Pharmaceuticals Supply Agency (EPSA), GHSC-PSM would like to recruit a qualified Private Sector Engagement Advisor who will be responsible to lead the development of private sector capacity assessment tool and conduct the assessment on HIV commodities so as to identify potential stakeholders and their capacity in the in-bound and out-bound supply chain functions of the private sector. Please look at the qualification requirement and the SOW for detail information.
Scope of Work (SOW)
The Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management Ethiopia
The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) is to ensure uninterrupted supply of health commodities in support of United States Government (USG)-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, GHSC-PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, GHSC-PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global and local collaboration to improve the availability of health commodities
The GHSC-PSM is currently seeking a Private Sector Engagement Advisor who will be closely working with EPSA. The advisor will work under the technical supervision of the Country Director or his designee.
The Private Sector Engagement Advisor for EPSA will provide technical assistance on private sector capacity assessment using country context customized tool and identify the opportunities and challenges to ensure supply chain maturity in the country.
- Develop plan of action (POA) with timeline to define series of activities to engage private sector on supply chain management.
- Develop Private Sector Capacity Assessment Tool to identify the potential stakeholders in the outbound logistics such as transportation and report collection in the private sector
- Conduct supply chain assessment on key functions of the country’s supply chain
- Organize stakeholders consultation to validate and reach consensus on assessment findings and proposed solutions
- Prepare monthly report showing completion of the performance objectives as per the plan of action
- Finalize report on private sector capacity assessment
- Support strengthening multi-disciplinary supply chain coordination TWGs for private sector engagement.
- Support strengthening the relationship of EPSA with stakeholders and create a platform for regular communication and discussion.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the project and EPSA policy manual.
- Develop coaching, mentoring, and skill transfer programs to build EPSA inbound logistics team staff capacity.
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build a culture of “Living our Values” within the team, understand and adhere to established policies and procedures and promote them throughout GHSC-PSM staff.
- Carry out additional responsibilities and other duties assigned from time to time by EPSA contract management director and GHSC-PSM procurement manager or his/her designee.
Level of Effort and Location
- This short-term position will work five days a week and be based in GHSC-PSM Ethiopia Field Office, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia until September 24, 2021.
Duration of assignment
- The services are required from June 1, 2021, to September 24, 2021.
- Advanced degree in Supply Chain Management, Public Health, MBA, Pharmacy, and another related field.
- Seven years’ of work experience in both the public and private sectors on the supply chain management of HIV pharmaceuticals and laboratory reagents, consumables and supplies and other health commodities.
- Demonstrated experience on in-bound and out-bound logistics of pharmaceuticals and related health products including designing and implementing research methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain working relationships, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with government agencies and the private sector. Experience in EPSA system is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment, communication skills, training experience, ability to identify and resolve policy and operational constraints.
- Skilled in actively working in high-performing teams and independently deliver expected result
- Self-motivated, interest and experience in managing and supervising technical staff
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in Amharic and English.
How to Apply
To apply, please reply to this e-mail [email protected] and please specify the position title as the subject line in your application or it will be denied. Please submit your application not later than May 18, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10