· Help us end avoidable blindness in Ethiopia
· Assist us to strengthen local health systems
· Leading International Development Organization in the area of eye health
· The position will be based at West Guji zone
The Fred Hollows Foundation is one of Australia’s most respected and trusted international development organisations whose vision is to end avoidable blindness and ensure the work of Fred Hollows lives on.
Ethiopia is one of The Foundations largest funded programs, focused on the Elimination of Trachoma. Up until now our program has focused on the complex and direct delivery of services to help those in need. With strong foundations in place, we are now looking to enter into a new phase of our programming building on the work that we have already done.
About the Position
Under the direct supervision of the Grant Coordinator, the Program Finance Officer is responsible for working with partner organizations to assist them in financial management. Oversee partners financial reporting, budgeting, expenditure and compliance that relate to partner organizations, in line with donor and FHF procedures and policies. Builds the financial management capacity of Zonal/Woreda level finance through training and support while working closely with program staff in conducting various reviews and engagement with Zonal/ Woreda level implementing partners to ensure adequate oversight of the use of donor resources.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Participate in project planning, partnership development and monitoring and evaluation activities.
· Review vouchers and invoices and monitor payment requests and disbursements on project activities assigned.
· Provide support in maintaining accurate filing project financial information.
· Maintains accounts payables and receivables in order to ensure complete and accurate records of funds.
· Review financial documents at Zonal/Woreda level for compliance with different requirements.
· Coordinates and assists with the financial management of sub grants (e.g. funding, expenditure, budget adjustments, spending down etc.) for purposes of complying with all program and guidelines of awarding organizations.
- BA Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- At least 5 years working experience in a similar role within a recognized NGO.
- High level of computer literacy with sound knowledge of financial accounting software and spreadsheet packages.
- Address West Guji, Oromia
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Qualification BA/BSc