The Ethiopian Women Lawyers Association (EWLA) is a not-for-profit Civil Society Organization (CSO) founded by Ethiopian women lawyers. It began its work in 1996 after being registered in 1995. It was re-registered as a charitable organization by the Charities and Societies Agency in 2010 as per the Charities and Societies Proclamation No. 1113/2019. Its vision is to see a country where women are equal to men. It also has the mission of promoting the economic, political, social, and rights of women and, to that end, assisting them to secure full protection of their rights under the Constitution of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and other international human rights conventions. Since its establishment, EWLA has been working to achieve this vision and mission. EWLA has eight branch offices in Adama (Oromia Regional State), Bahir Dar (Amhara Regional State), Hawassa (SNNPRS), Asossa (Benishangul Gumuz Regional State), Gambella (Gambella Regional State), Dire Dawa City Administration, Jigjiga (Somali Regional State) and Semera (Afar Regional State). The Association has 54 volunteer committees that work at the zonal and woreda levels. The core program areas of EWLA include: Free Legal Aid Service, Public Education and Capacity Building, and Research and Advocacy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, coordinates and guides the implementation of the project in all the projects target areas;
- Provides technical and organizational support to the Project implementation teams of the lead;
- Develop and implement project plans with projects staff, technical specialists and stakeholders to ensure effective project implementation
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities of the projects of Resource mobilization
- Plans and reviews the work of units, projects officers under her/his department or professional groups/teams engaged in various operations or in the provision of specialist support services to other professional groups.
- Prepare projects proposals , budgeting projections, activity plan on monthly, quarterly & annual reports of the responsible of the programs
- Ensure that all implemented activities are relevant to the mission and vision of the Association
- Carry out fundraising efforts of the projects with only the highest ethical standards
- Identify fundraising strategies that benefit and complement the mission and vision of the EWLA
- Follows up and implements directives and guidelines of the project management team as per the contract with the donors;
- Consolidates project targeted branch reports and submits progress report to the respective Office on quarterly basis as per agreed upon time frame and format;
- Ensure monitoring, evaluating and documenting progress of program implementation against indicators and ensure that activities are on track;
- Providing overall guidance and direction focusing the program team on achieving agreed targets;
- Coordinate and conduct baseline and mid-term evaluations and dissemination for action;
- Ensures that the donors receive timely financial and technical reports that would allow the smooth implementation of the project;
- Documents and disseminates studies, learning experiences and best practices;
- Carrying out other duties assigned by the Executive Directress
- Provide technical direction to program quality activities/innovations (including MEAL, etc…)
- Assist to facilitate program implementation in EWLA, and ensure quality of assignments and services including reports, technical monitoring and evaluation reports, and compliance with agency and donor standards
Location/Place of work: Addis Ababa, Head Office of Ethiopian Woman Lawyers Association located at Kirkos Sub-city, around Africa Union behind St. Michael Church with field travel to all regional states of Ethiopia up on the projects demand.
Duration: One-year contract with possibility of Extension
Employment Type: Full time
Required criteria (Qualifications/Experiences/Skills):
- Applicants are expected to fulfill the next criteria
- Professional with LLB/LLM Degree in Law.
- Minimum 5 years of experience for LLM and Minimum 7 years of experience for LLB and out of which 2 years are in programs managerial position.
- Work experience in projects/programs coordination at CSOs is a plus
- Must demonstrate strong interest, passion and commitment to work with women right organization, handle multiple tasks and ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated experience to effectively provide technical assistance, conducting advocacy and gender-related trainings
- Strong interpersonal communication, teamwork, partnering, and consensus-building skills
- Strong ability implementing programs and projects as per the work system applying in the Association
- Strong ability and capacity to create a new work system if it is essential to have it
- Standard understanding of the financial and budget concepts dealing with programs and projects
- Passionate to work for fulfillment and protection of social, economic, cultural, political and other rights of women seeking
- Able to communicate in oral and written English with donners
- Computer literate, with strong knowledge of MS Office applications, spread sheets, database programs, and statistical software packages.
- Excellent partnership skills and the ability to interact effectively with donors, collaborating agencies, and local partners demonstrated through close work experience with international NGOs
- Competency in English and Amharic languages
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local and International partners and donners
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Strong facilitation and creative problem-solving skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: [email protected]
Please include the name and Location of the position on the subject of the email: the position is for Qualified female applicants
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written exam
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Manager
- Qualification BA/BSc