- Help us end avoidable blindness in Ethiopia
- Assist us to strengthen local health systems
- Leading International Development Organization in the area of eye health
- The position will be based at Addis Ababa
The Fred Hollows Foundation is one of Australia’s most respected and trusted international development organizations whose vision is to end avoidable blindness and ensure the work of Fred Hollows lives on.
Ethiopia is one of The Foundations largest funded programs, focused on the Elimination of Trachoma. Up until now, our program has focused on the complex and direct delivery of services to help those in need. With strong foundations in place, we are now looking to enter into a new phase of our programming building on the work that we have already done.
About the Position
Reporting to the Program Manager, TT Surgery The Project Coordinator, CIF-TT Surgery oversees the planning, coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of CIFF-TT surgery project in Oromia region under the implementation of The Fred Hollows Foundation Trachomatous Trichiasis (TT) Surgery Program. The coordinator is responsible for overall TT surgery project management which includes technical and interpersonal competencies and oversight of the implementation status. Specifically, responsible for effective planning, execution, organization, and follow-up of the TT Surgery Project to contribute to the elimination of blinding trachoma and strengthen the health system in Oromia region.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinates stakeholders and play an active role in the development of annual operational plans and quarter action plans of TT surgery of the Zones by Weredas. He/She is also responsible to lead the scheduling and sequencing of the planned activities in consultation with partners.
- Play a coordination role towards the elimination of TT by engaging all partners working at region, Zone and Wereda levels to ensure the project is contributing to the trachoma elimination intervention. It is the role of the coordinator to lead the TT surgery service provision maintained to reach the elimination targets using statics, routine outreach and enhanced outreach approaches.
- Lead the TT case-finding undertakings by creating a conducive working environment with key partners to employ mainly a house-to-house case-finding approach maintaining the necessary capacity-building strategies to ensure quality service delivery.
- Provide programmatic and technical guidance and direction to TT Surgery team that include Zone Program Advisors, Zone finance officers, TT Surgeons (IECWs), as well as the government health sectors focal points.
- Prepare innovative concepts and provide detail documents on existing challenges with resolutions focusing on improvement of overall TT surgery intervention.
- Ensure that the project has adequate TT surgery commodities and proactively determine the need for resources and communicating to the FHF program team.
- Undertake scoping and research to inform the design of National and Regional level Trachoma Program
- Coordinate TT Surgery projects and support project team in all aspects of project management including budget preparation and oversight, project implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting requirements for the TT Surgery Program.
To be successful in this role, we are seeking someone with the following experience and skills
- Master’s Degree in relevant field (Public Health, Ophthalmology, Social sciences or related fields) from a recognized institution
- Minimum of 5 years working experience preferably with reputable NGOs
- experience of coordinating people, resources and approaches particularly on trachoma intervention
- Knowledge of program design, program management, budget development and monitoring of Trachoma programs
- Knowledge of Resource mobilization and management
- Experience of working in trachoma intervention, particularly implementation of the TT surgery
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Qualification BA/BSc