KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- In collaboration with PDQ health team, develop project detail work plan, for the project.
- Ensure procurements specified in the project documents are planned, requested, purchased and delivered on a timely manner
- Develop monthly plan with project team and conduct regular meetings to review progress
- Provide monthly update on project progress and flag any concerns in a timely manner for FOM
- Manage all activities, resources and assets for the projects under supervision
- Identify critical issues in the implementation of projects and take the necessary actions to address problems and constraints
- Support the FOM in the drafting of an MOU with the relevant regional partners, follows up on the review and revision processes, as well as finalization and signing.
- Prepare periodic reports on the implementation of project activities as per the requirements of SCI, regional MOUs and specific project donor
- Closely work with the PDQ Health team to assure implementation quality
- In collaboration and consultation with communication, Sr. Gender Specialist at CO, and PDQ health team, develop communication strategies and tools to reach target communities and improve demand for immunization
- Develop project briefs, which document the project learnings and results
- Ensure that strategies for phasing out are taken care of during implementation; and project close outs are properly planned and executed
- Closely work with RRS, RHB, Zonal and Woreda Health Offices for the smooth implementation of the project and for ensuring project sustainability
- Leads project activity and budget revisions, prepares justification for request of amendments in keeping with donor regulations and procedures, closely working with the relevant award team to ensure timely action
- Plays the budget holder role for the project across the project cycle.
- Prepare phased budget based on approved Detailed Implementation Plan (DIPs)
- Manage budgets, including monthly review of budget variance analysis, identification of wrong charges and required actions to address/ correct them
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of project budget and other resources for intended purpose; follow up on budget utilization and project expenditure
- Prepare/Review and submit for FOM timely donor reports, including development/review and verification of both narrative and financial reports and confirmation of accuracy and consistency between narrative and financial reports.
- Closely work with the Awards Team to efficiently monitor and track burn rates, reporting and financial compliance issues
- Develop performance objectives and development plan for all project staff under supervision
- Establish a system for, communication, follow up, ensuring regular reporting and development of project staff
- Ensure that all project staff understood their responsibilities and how their contribution feeds into the overall project objective
- Organize regular review meetings to review progress, identify issues and solve them
- Ensure and manage appropriate project staffing within area of responsibility.
- Ensure all new recruited staff gets proper induction, Fraud, safeguarding and all mandatory training and monitor the progress
- Ensure all direct reporting team have accurate and up –to- date job descriptions, have oriented on project goals, strategies and activities
- Sets standard and agreed performance objectives for all direct reports, monitor progress regularly and document
- Identify and prevent potential issues for conflict; develop strong, productive team
- Conducts quarterly performance review, documents and submits to HR
- Identify staff capacity gaps, incorporate staff development strategies and Performance Management Systems into team building process & Establish result-based system and follow up
- Ensure submission of quarterly project staff profile/status update using standard format
- Ensure staff submit accurate time sheet on monthly basis on time
- Conduct at least monthly biweekly core team and monthly/quarterly all program team.
Monitoring, evaluation and quality assurance
- In collaboration and coordination with MEAL, and PDQ health and nutrition team facilitate/conduct baseline and end line assessments, to have a project baseline, to assess project contribution and inform project delivery strategies
- In coordination with and support from relevant MEAL staff, design results based monitoring and evaluation process for both projects
- Monitor and systematically document project results implementation lessons, best practices and innovations for the project under supervision; and share lessons, best practices and innovations with PDQ health team to inform program development
- Conduct regular supportive and joint supportive supervisions to project sites with project team and respective government partners
- Plan and facilitate regularly scheduled reviews of projects with woreda health office heads/experts and HWs/HEWs, and community volunteers in the implementation areas
- Facilitates visits to donors, members and others as necessary
- Orient NGO, government and community partners on project goals, strategies and activities to develop common understanding for smooth project implementation.
- Create medium and help partners understand SCI policies and procedures including child safeguarding, fraud, procurement and financial management
- Identify area of activity overlap through proper mapping, develop joint plan and ensure coordination for efficient resource utilization.
- Serves as key liaison with regional and zonal sector government offices and the project
- Closely work with partners to support the course of project planning (joint plan where required), including project proposal development, implementation, and follow up and monitoring of projects
- Facilitate regular dialogue and information sharing with partners including government, non-government partners and civil societies through regular review and coordination meetings
- Build and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with Regional or Zonal relevant sector Bureau, RRS,UN Agencies, international and national NGOs working in the location
- Conduct regular planned monitoring visits, support partners at the project sites and prepare reports for documentation and follow-up actions.
- Attend and represent SCI in all partnership forums, cluster meetings, technical working group meetings
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BSc degree in public health, nursing or related fields
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in an NGO environment of which a minimum of 3 years managing community based health projects, focusing on immunization
- Trainings on Immunization in Practice (IIP), Immunization Cold chain users, and Immunization MLM trainings will be an asset
- Solid understanding of the Ethiopian health policy and strategies, as well as the health sector transformation plan and the health extension platform
- Experience working with the Ministry of Health at national or sub-national levels
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
- Experience of managing and shaping programmes to deliver greater efficiency and effectiveness, and of strengthening implementation of financial control processes
- Solid budgeting skills and knowledge of key donor regulations
- knowledge of local language is required
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Address Ethiopia
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20