Internal and External Vacancy Announcement
Union of Ethiopian Women and Children Associations (UEWCA) is non-governmental, apolitical, non-religious consortium of 80 women; children and girls focused CSOs that are engaging on empowerment and gender equality in all regional states and city administrations of the country. It is established in 2010 as a platform to voice the voice of its members and beneficiaries as well as capacitate and coordinate the efforts of its member CSOs towards women, girls and children empowerment; and realization of gender equality.
Currently, UEWCA is implementing different projects focused on addressing Social Accountability, Climate Change, Gender Responsive Budgeting, and Modern Slavery, Women Voice & Leadership issues with the fund obtained from VNG-International/ESAP, FEMENT, Farm Africa, Un Women, Action Aid, Plan International and OXFAM.
It is therefore seeking to hire qualified and experienced professional for the following vacant Positions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, monitor, evaluate and document programs, strategies and projects related with the objective of the union;
- Plan, organize and conduct various trainings and mentoring activities for UEWCA members, staff and Stakeholders;
- Liaise and collaborate with partner organizations (members, donors, CSOs, government agencies at different levels)
- Prepare monthly quarterly, bi-annual & annual Program/Project activities & financial plan & reports to be submitted to UEWCA management, government bodies & donors;
- Ensure that implementing members prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, biannual & annual plans and reports in time;
- Develop TOR for professional/consultancy services;
- Follow up commissioned professional/consultancy services; reviews and comments and ensures that they are done according to the TOR and the expectation of the organization.
- Monitor, suggest corrective action and report on relevant result and impact;
- Provide technical support for project implementing organizations;.
- Guides, coordinates, manage and supervise effective and efficient implementation of sub granted projects;.
- Represents the organization at various positions, such as membership partner donor & Government meeting, workshops, & seminars, .
- Prepares regular briefing notes to program coordinator on weekly, monthly, quarterly, biannual & annual basis, to keep her/him update of program/project performance. Progress;
- Develop institutional capacity building and Documentation manuals.;
- Establishes and maintains formal and informal communication mechanisms with government community partners members donors and other stakeholders.
Required Candidates: Two
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Terms of Employment: One year with a possibility of extension.
- MBA/BA Degree in Project Management, Economics, Gender, Social Inclusion, Sociology, Development Studies and other related fields;
- Minimum of 6/8 years of relevant experience in program/project management (planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation) and learning;
- Excellent networking skills;
- Basic computer skills;
Other Knowledge, Additional Competences.
- Extensive experience and understanding of Women Empowerment & Gender Equality specifically related to Human trafficking, climate change, Leadership, GBV,;
- Practical experience of participatory planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation approaches.
- Writing and analytical skills, proficiency in oral and written English.
- Relevant experience in Gender analysis and mainstreaming, project Design, implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation; Report Writing and Knowledge Management.
How to Apply
Applicants who fulfill the above mentioned requirements could submit cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae along with supporting documents/credentials in person within five working days of this announcement to the following address.
Union of Ethiopian Women and Children Associations (UEWCA)
Tel:-0116-36-81-51 Office location:-Yeka Sub –City Worda,08
Around:-Yeka Sub-City Chefe Health Center Near to Magic Carpet School
Email Application is not acceptable.
- Address Ethiopia
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Qualification BA/BSc