The purpose of this job is implement community development services through Self Help Groups (SHG), Child Well Being (CWB) clubs in schools and community education workshops to prevent children leaving their families and coming to Addis Ababa to the streets.
Department – Programme
Location – Hosanna, Ethiopia
Reporting To – Project manager-HCPP
Duty & Responsibility
· Establishing and supporting of self-help groups in their respective woreda with 20 women in each group.
· Responsible for organising or providing training for the SHGs on savings, loans, small business skills, child protection, effective parenting, human trafficking, modern slavery and dangers of life on the street and domestic work.
· Strengthening and supporting of child wellbeing and mini media clubs in schools. This includes recruiting, training and supporting volunteer teachers to be mentors for each group. The groups provide peer education in the schools on child protection issues.
· Providing community education to different stakeholders to raise community awareness on child protection issues so communities are able to implement child protection mechanisms.
· Supporting the M&E team to collect data on a regular basis about the wellbeing of beneficiaries and changes in their lives as a result of the project.
· Recruiting project beneficiaries in collaboration with Project Managers and government stakeholders, partners and community members
· Conduct awareness raising in the community about dangers of domestic work, trafficking, child labor
· Prepare referral map and service director at their respective wordas and make appropriate professional referrals for children and families who require additional support
· Implement all project activities according to Hope for Justice work policies
· Work closely with government officials, community leaders and project partners to ensure the best outcomes are achieved
· Complete any other assessments of families and children as requested by Country Programmes Director
· Assist in timely submission of quarterly, semi-annual and final reports for donors and government.
· Maintain proper documentation of the project documents and reports.
· Participates in site visits as necessary and facilitate logistical support for trips
· Uphold and work within Hope for Justice’s policies and procedures, including Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Child & Vulnerable Adult Protection policies.
· Promote Hope for Justice’s core values of Honoring, Openness, Professionalism and Empowerment across the organization and partners
· Undertake any other duties, as appropriate to the post, as delegated by Project Manager
· Represent the organization in different review meeting, workshop and network meetings at Woreda level and whenever delegated by the Project Manager.
Experience & Education
– BA in Community Development and related Social Science
– At least 3 years’ experience working in a senior position
– Experience working with vulnerable children and families
· Be empathetic and have an understanding of the issues surrounding vulnerable community members
· Flexibility to cope with unexpected situations
· Resolute and committed to achieving high quality standards and striving for excellence.
– A team player and have a desire to learn and be stretched in new areas of your profession.
· Computer literacy in all Microsoft Office functions
· Ability to write accurate, concise and informative reports
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills,
· Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written are required
· Establishes and maintains excellent track record of communications with partners and colleagues.
– Managing Partner Relationships
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter in English Gross or Net salary Expectation in ETB.
to Hope for Justice, via email at [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please put the position you are applying for ”Project Officer – Hossana” in the subject line.
Closing Date: November 30/2022
The Hope for Justice promotes diversity in the workplace. Regardless of age, marital status, ethnicity, sex, color, country of origin, religion, or sexual orientation, Hope for Justice evaluates all applicants solely on their merits.
- Address Ethiopia
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5