- Taking a lead role in case management of children, youth and women affected by the conflict in the target communities.
- Liaising with local government stakeholders (Women and children Affairs, Social Affairs, Health sector, faith organizations etc) and other stakeholders regarding implementing the psychosocial support measure to ensure complementarity and flexible, efficient service delivery to other emergency response plans.
- Undertaking establishment activities in relation to the measure to enable service delivery to commence as soon as possible.
- Undertaking an effective case management approach to the delivery of psychological and psychosocial services.
- Applying evidence based knowledge and understanding of the mental health systems, community health and service needs, service delivery, referral pathways in providing holistic therapeutic services.
- Contributing to the strategic development of child protection and GBV prevention to address the psychosocial support measures beyond the emergency period.
- Representing World Vision as required in relevant meetings, network, promotion, and education and advocacy activities.
- Undertake other duties as required.
- Master’s degree in counseling psychology, clinical psychology, social work, psychology, etc.
- Relevant experience in child protection in emergency (CPiE) and Child Protection Minimum Standards framework.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing psycho-social training programs and Psychological first aid service delivery mechanisms.
- Knowledge and experience in application of international technical guidelines and standards in Inter Agency for Mental Health and Psycho-social services.
- Knowledge and experience on Gender Based Violence programming an asset.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement integrated CP responses, including Gender Based Violence.
- Knowledge of prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
- Awareness of or interest in community based protection mechanisms.
- Direct case management and experience working with children and adolescents is an asset.
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse team in a sensitive environment.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines through excellent time management, organization and multi-tasking skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must require to attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found World Vision Ethiopia Employment_Application_Form) and email before the closing date of this announcement to [email protected]
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies
- Address SNNPR
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc