Saint Gabriel Catholic Health Center (SGCHC) is a not-for-profit nongovernmental organization owned by the Ethiopian Catholic Church (ECC-SDCO,A.A.), and run in collaboration with Brothers of Our Lady of Lourdes or Brothers of Good Works in Ethiopia. The mission of SGCHC is to provide holistic, affordable and quality health care to all, in a compassionate and loving environment consistent with the Christian principles on which we are founded on and promoting access to health care to the less privileged and vulnerable social groups, like women ,children and the financially destitute.
SGCHC is providing comprehensive health care services to the population of the catchment area and neighboring woredas in line with the government and the Ethiopian Catholic Church health policy. Accordingly, for the successful implementation of the health center project activities, St. Gabriel Catholic Health Center would like to invite interested and qualified applicants for the following position.
Job Summary-The Public Health Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, directing and implementing the facility based and outreach public health project activities of St. Gabriel Catholic Health Center.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates IEC and BCC activities.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a strong project work plan, that is designed to achieve the project’s stated goals and objectives, within the available staffing and budget.
- Responsible for ensuring that strong data collection and information management systems are in place for ongoing performance analysis and programmatic action and Conduct program performance reviews for outreach and facility based primary healthcare programs on a quarterly basis.
- Monitor evolving needs of the target communities, conduct assessments on health needs in catchment area recommend on adjustment of programmatic priorities as necessary in collaboration with the health center management.
- In coordination with the health center management and public health department staffs, actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including government actors, local NGOs, and other relevant actors.
- Participate in the development of new proposals and initiatives and Ensure the timely submission of information for donor reports for all activities under the facility based and outreach public health project.
- Review all reports prepared by the department staff members and provide appropriate feedback to the concerned staff.
- Select and implement appropriate monitoring and evaluations systems, analyzing results to ensure and enhance program effectiveness and quality.
- Participate in training and mentoring of health and other staff members in response to capacity building needs.
- Provide supportive supervision to supervisees, including development and monitoring of regular work plans and provide timely and quality performance evaluations.
Education/ Training Required- BSc Degree in Public Health from an accredited University/College
- A minimum of 6 years’ proven work experience in public health programs.
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Experience in capacity building and mentoring of staff.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel etc.)
Licenses & Certifications: Licensed as a Public Health Professional
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the minimum requirements should submit their application letter together with non-returnable CV and copies of supporting documents to HR and Property Administration Unit of St. Gabriel Health Center which is located at the backside of the Transport & Road Authorities (driving training center) and 500m from Water Works Construction Enterprise.
Applicants may apply in writing to: ECC St Gabriel Catholic Health Center
P.O. Box 13236 Addis Ababa, Or
Applicants can apply to the following email address
For more information, please do not hesitate to call us on 0114-39 45 34.
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Qualification BA/BSc